Wait! Who?

"I know you. How do I know you?" I turned to see a bald man in a wheelchair. At first glance I knew that I'd seen him before. I just couldn't remember when or where. I knew I wasn't going to like the answer though.

"I'm your father, Davina." At those four words all hell broke loose. Or should I say, my powers. One thing about my powers, I had a lot of them. Not at first, but over time I, you could say, picked up a lot. I could copy other mutants powers. Not intentionally; if there was another mutant in a room with me, I would just pick up their power. The first few times it happened I freaked out and the powers went haywire. I soon learned that as long as I stayed calm the powers wouldn't take over.

"Davina Sabine Turner! Get ahold of yourself!" My moms voice came from behind me. I turned just in time to see my mom step through a portal of some kind. I could see our kitchen behind her before she waved her hand and the portal disappeared with a pop. "Breath deep. In through your nose out trough your mouth. That's it, just breath." Mom walked up and took me into her arms not afraid that I might hurt her.

"Mom, what's going on? You said he died. Why did you lie to me?" I pulled back. Just then the double doors flew open and in rushed a very tall, built man with knives in his hands.

"Professor, I heard a commotion. Is everything alright?" The knife guy asked in a deep husky voice. Upon closer inspection I realized that they were not knives but blades sticking out of his knuckles. Three in each hand.

"Everything is fine, Logan. This is my wife, June Turner, and our daughter, Davina. Davina just lost control for a moment but everything is alright. Thank you though." The Professor, or should I say, dad, smiled almost sheepishly.

*****Author note: so, what do y'all think so far? I could really use some input. Thanks~~~~