War, party and gifts

Chapter 9

Leaving my room I turned left hoping that this was the way Harri and I had taken. After walking up and down hallways and stairs I realized I was hopelessly lost. I had some how ended up in a hallway that reminded me of a hospital, bright white and stainless steel. I tried going back the way I had come only to find the door I had come through was gone. I continued to walk down the cold stark hallways that twisted to and fro until I came to a huge circular door marked with a huge X. Walking towards it I could hear shouting and grunting, it sounded like someone was getting hurt. Once u was about two feet from the door it slid open to reveal people my age getting their asses handed to them by what looked to be robots. One guy was covered in what I was assuming to be a silvery metal. He was trying to keep back six or so robots, trying to keep them from getting to someone behind him. Upon closer inspection I realized the person he was trying to protect was Harri.

Not really thinking about what I was doing, I dashed into the room, intent on protecting my best friend. The moment I reached the metal guys side, my skin turner into metal, just like his. A robot broke through his defenses and was heading strait for Harri. I jumped in front of the robot throwing up my hands; ice seemed to shoot from one hand, and fire from the other. The combination seemed to be just right because it fell over and stopped moving. Glancing behind me, I made sure Harri was alright before advancing on the five other robots attacking metal head. Looking across the room I see a blonde guy, shooting ice out of his hands, a stocky jock dude shooting fireballs out of his, behind them is another girl, she seemed to be just sort of frozen.

A robotic fist collided with my face bringing my focus back on metal head and his five opponents. Reaching out with my mind towards the blonde ice guy I pushed past his feeble walls, 'You and Mr.Jock need to use fire and ice on these things at the same time.' I pushed my voice into his head. While doing that I helped metal head dispatch of the last few by us before looking up in time to see the other two working on the last robot. Turning around I rushed over to Harri's side to make sure she was alright. As I reached her she pulled a headpiece of wires off and shook her head. "Harri, are you alright?" I knelt beside her as my skin once again became normal.

"Davina! What are you doing in here?" Harri seemed truly puzzled.

"I got lost trying to find you. When I got in here, metal head over there," I nodded over to him to see he was no longer metal. "Was over run by robots, and I saw you were in danger. I helped fight off the robots." I stated as I glanced around again only to realize that the robots had disappeared.

Harri started to laugh. "This is the Danger Room, it was a simulation. I can't believe you thought I was really in danger. That was sweet of you though to come to my rescue." Pulling me in close for a hug, Harri stood. "Metal head? That was the best you could come up with?"

"It was the first thing that came to mind." I giggled, trying to keep a straight face.

"Metal head, as you call him is Peter, or Colossus." Harri waved everyone over. "This hot head, is Jeramy better known as Sunny, cause when he first got here, he would burst into flames every time he got angry and would get as hot as the sun." She pointed to the firey jock. "That's Bobby aka Iceman, and his girlfriend Rogue." She motioned towards the blonde and the other girl, who on closer inspection had long white bangs. Harri glanced down at her wrist watch and gasped. "We need to hurry or the birthday girl is gunna be late for her own birthday!" At this she grabbed mine and Peters hands and dragged us off, the other three not far behind.

I really didn't want this birthday party, I've never been one to party. I would rather hide out in my room either reading or working on my art. But I couldn't back out because they worked so hard to put it together. Before I realized it, we had made our way out to the side of the manor heading for the back yard. "Happy Birthday!" The backyard was a cross between a fairy wonderland and a Halloween party, with the trees and bushes covered in twinkling lights and jack-o-lanterns on tables, and along the path to the pond.

"Happy 18th birthday, baby." Mom said as she walked up to me with Uncle Hank and dad drifting behind her. "This is for you." Waving over to a rather large box that seemed to be wiggling. I walked around it before pulling the great big black ribbon of allowing the purple paper to fall away revealing a crate with two weimaraner pups. One silver the other a blue. I couldn't get into the crate fast enough. I had always wanted a weim pup and now I had two. Life was looking great.