Busted!

Harri introduced me to everyone, dragging me from person to person. By the end of the night my mind just shut down from all the information. The only person who seemed to be missing was Logan. I hadn't realized I was looking for him until Uncle Hank mentioned that he really wished Logan had stuck around. Turns out, Logan is a bit of a drifter. Coming and going when it pleases him.

By the time the party was over, I was exhausted and my puppies were passed out by a large bush. Scooping them up I turned and looked at mom, who was talking to Uncle Hank. Without saying a word, she waved her hand and a portal opened, showing my room. Grunting with thanks I stepped through. Kicking off my shoes I put the pups on one side of the bed and crawled to the other. I was asleep in seconds.

Flashes of light, pain, people talking, beeping of machinery, can't breathe. I was in a tank of water, with wired stuck to me. "Kill him." A male voice said off to the side. Panic. I knew he was talking about me. I didn't want to die. I began to fight, finally breaking the surface with a cry of fright and anger. More pain. This time in my hands. Looking down I see claws. Shiny metal claws. Running, fighting, cold.

I shot up in bed. I knew who's memories I was dreaming about. It was Logan. He was the one I'd been dreaming about since I could remember. Suddenly I was up, walking out my bedroom door. I felt like I was being drawn. I didn't realize until I reached the door at the very end of hall and heard him yelling, that I was being drawn towards Logan. Not giving it any thought, I walked into his room, closing the door behind me.

His room was much smaller than mine, just big enough for his king size bed, a small desk, dresser, and a bookshelf. Walking to the opposite side of the bed, I crawled in beside him, placing my head over his heart. Instantly he settled, wrapping his arms around me. Laying there, I came back into my scenes. I don't know why I was in bed with Logan. All I knew it some part of myself just knew this is what I had to do. Snuggling in closer, I breathed in his smell, musk, pine, cigar smoke, and just a hint of whiskey. Closing my eyes, I drifted off to sleep.

Sunlight was streaming across my face as I woke up. I shifted only to realize I was still laying with my head on Logan's chest. I glanced up to see his eyes still closed. Sighing in relief, I slowly detangled myself from him and snuck out the door. Once I gently closed his door, I made a mad dash down the hall to my room hoping no one saw me. Upon reaching my room I glanced at the clock on my night stand to see it was just after seven o'clock in the morning. Feeling wet noses sniffing my feet a look down to see both pups wagging their docked tails. "You guys probably have to potty, huh?" I asked them as I walked into my closet. Finding a clean pair of shorts, t-shirt, and a hoodie for good measure, I changed. As I walked out of the closet I spot both pups dragging a tennis-shoe each towards me. "Good dogs." Laughing I grabbed the shoes slipping them on and tying them before heading to the door.

Later that morning, after taking, Piper and Leo, the pups, out and playing with them till they were exhausted. I made my way to the kitchen, only getting lost twice. "It's the weirdest thing. I remember having a nightmare, then suddenly it stopped, and when I woke up this morning I felt like I had the best sleep in my life. What's really weird, was my blankets smelled like apple blossoms and ginger."

I froze just outside the kitchen door. Logan was talking to someone. And he was describing the smell of my shampoo and body wash. The same two scents I have used since I was twelve. Turning around I planned to rush to my room and spray myself with some of the perfume mom had gotten me last Christmas, but instead I ran right into someone, causing myself to fall back through the kitchen door, right into Logan's arms.