L is for...

• Dedicated to For all the Whovains who cried when David Tennant didn't want to go

Disclaimer: I do not own Doctor Who or the characters. I am NOT trying to make profit from them. I do not own the song either. All rights go to their owners. Please don't sue me.

L is for the way you look at me

The Doctor grinned. He couldn't help it. They had just spent a wonderful day relaxing on past earth...until some alien creature came and tried to take over the world blah blah blah. The usual. It was in these familiarity that the day had been so relaxing. Not to mention who he got to spend it with.

Rose Tyler. Bad Wolf. The girl who had stared into the heart of the TARDIS. The girl who took up both of his hearts. The girl he loved. Not that he ever admit it. The previous regeneration definitely had feelings for her. He was surprised to learn that he did too, yet not that surprised.

What was not to love?

Now, he was leaning back on a chair, feet propped up on the console with one thought on his mind. Where to next?

Running a hand through his hair, he decided to voice the question out loud. "Don't you ever get tired?" she asked half-jokingly. Rose was curious, but the Doctor didn't mind. "I'm a time lord. I don't need sleep." Rose squinted her eyes and stared at the doctor. "Seriously?" "Nah. We need sleep, just not as much as humans. We can do with an hour a day." Rose laughed a little. That cute, adorable laugh and the Doctor let a cheeky smile escape. "Still haven't answered my question." "Well, I don't know. I'm fairly new to this...compared to you." She said smiling. "Oi. I'm young for a time lord." The Doctor began smiling more if that was even possible.

Rose put on her serious thinking face, the one he secretly loved. "There is just too many places to go. The whole universe is out there. And...I don't know what is all out...there." she gestured nervously. The Doctor walked over to her. "Hey. It's okay. Space is...big. Mind-Bogglingly so." He tucked a strain of free hair behind her ear. He was close. He thought she pull away, but she didn't. "How about a surprise!" Rose said suddenly, voice full of joy as she looked into his brown eyes. "That sounds nice. Guess I get to choose then." 'No. We can set up the TARDIS to randomly take us someplace, right?" "Yeah," the doctor whispered as if talking loud would break the spell. Their eyes were interlocked and they were inches apart. "I-I just thought that maybe you...um. Kind of got bored. So...we could...just have a surprise. Something that would be just as amazing for you as everything is for me.", Rose said shyly, a brush creeping over her cheeks.

The Doctor was touched by this. She cared enough about him to think about this. The Doctor smiled. "Oi! I could never get bored with you by my side." He placed a quick kiss on her forehead and began pushing levers and buttons. "This is going to be great! A brilliant idea. I should have thought of this myself. Allons-y."

A few minutes later, they had arrived at their unknown destination. They looked around. The planet, they later find out, is Quadra Sigma III. It was small and mining seems to be the main reason there was a colony on it. An abandoned mine...this could be fun.

....

The Doctor was out of breath, hands of their knees. A ridiculous smile was playing across his face and when he looked over saw that Rose had one too. They just had a terrific adventure. Rose's hair was messy but still adorable. His hair was always messy. The doctor straightened up and put his hand by his side. Rose slipped her hand into his. The Doctor didn't pull away, he was happy about it. They began walking back to a TARDIS, no words spoken. They didn't need to talk. There was a comfort silence. Rose was staring up at the Doctor. Her eyes were shining. The Doctor got a warm and fuzzy feeling. His heart beat faster. Both of them. "What ya staring at?" the Doctor inquired. "You." "Why would you want to do that?" "Why wouldn't I?"

The Doctor swallowed. He felt alive with his fingers intertwined with Rose's. They were just so...perfect. He felt that he had a home, a place to belong. For once. All these feelings came rushing towards him just from one simple look from Rose.

A/N: I did it! The planet they visit is not mine! More virtual cookies for anyone who identify what fandom it is from!