Chapter 17: Pain

"What's this Thanos like, Banner?" Clint asked, sitting down on a chair, the back of it to his chest.
"He's tall, very very strong: easily took down Thor, and I believe that he killed Loki. He's got this group of four beings whom he calls "his children". They hunted down our ship, slaughtering everyone bar Thor and the big guy."
"The big guy?" Yelena asked, confused.
"The Hulk." Banner explained. "I turn into him when I get mad, like really mad."
"Wait," Fury interrupted. "He killed Loki, like for good?" Bruce nodded, still ghostly pale.

Nat got another contraction, wincing at it. Yelena noticed, giving her an odd look. Nat mouthed "I'm fine." at her, before turning back to face the others, her hands holding her stomach protectively. The contraction soon finished, allowing her space to breath slightly. "Do you know where Thor could be?" She asked, looking him directly in the eyes. Once there was a time when she may have felt a connection with him, but she had clearly grown out of it. Banner shook his head, looking at her sadly.
"Should I call in the kid?" Tony suggested, before Pepper immediately shut that idea down.
"Tony, no, he's got enough to worry about with school and exams."
"He's managed fine before." He pointed out.
"Tony, no." He fell silent after receiving a withering "shut up" look from her.

"Do we know where Scott is?" Sam asked around, noticing his absence.
"He said he had some business to attend to." Clint answered, resting his chin on the top of the back of the chair. Nat looked up at Steve again, trying to catch his eye. He didn't.
"Do we know anyone who could maybe extract the Stone from Vision's head so that Wanda could destroy it without destroying Vision?" Agent Hill enquired, looking around the room.
"I do." Bucky answered. "The Wakandan Princess Shuri, King T'Challa's younger sister. She built his black panther suit, and built me my new arm."
"How about that, Wanda? Does that sound like a better idea?" Vision asked, taking his love's hands in his. She nodded, smiling up at him.
"Then that's settled. We will have to make our way over to Wakanda." Fury said.
"Could you allow us to have just a week or two to ourselves before so?" Wanda pleaded. Fury thought for a moment, before nodding.

At that moment, Nat felt a strange sensation in her stomach, before warm fluid seeped its way down her leg. She tugged on Steve's sleeve gently, whilst everyone else was busy making preparations. He looked down at her, slightly concerned. "Steve," She whispered, so that no one else could hear. "I think my water just broke." His eyes widened in shock, before whispering back.
"We need to go to the hospital, now." She shook her head at him.
"Not just yet, there's still time." He held her hand in his, and kissed it, a look of concern engraved on his face. Just then, she got another contraction, more painful than the last. "Shit!" She moaned quietly, squeezing his hand tight. Yelena swung round and saw the expression of pain on her sister's face.
"Um, guys?" She said, but everyone ignored her. She tried again, but again, nothing. Finally she screamed. "Hey, you dumb fucks, over here!" They turned around in shock, and noticed Natasha just as her contraction had finished.
"Nat, are you ok?" Clint asked, slowly making his way over to his best friend.
"Yeah, I'm f- fuck!" She cried as she got hit with another.
"I'm f- fuck? What does that mean?" Tony asked, bewildered. Pepper clocked him around the ear. "What?!" He exclaimed, looking at her as if she were a mad woman. Steve held his girlfriend's waist with his free, un-breaking hand, trying to hold her steady. Yelena jumped onto the table and grabbed Clint's empty chair, and legged it over to her sister, placing it down beside her. Steve gently pushed Nat down as she winced through the pain, before it subsided again.
"Better?" He asked as she loosened her grip on his hand, and shook it out, fearing any crushed bones. She nodded, breathing heavily.
"I think she's gone into labour." Yelena murmured, turning pale.

————————————————————————————————————————————

An hour had gone and Nat was in an increasing amount of pain, Bucky betting with Sam that she had already broken Steve's hand. This got them both a slap from Yelena, telling them to be grateful that it wasn't anything worse. Nat was sweating from the pain, and was on the verge of screaming with each new contraction. "Do you want to go to the hospital wing?" Steve asked, looking at his now slightly purple hand as she crushed it again. She shook her head.
"Too- far- away- " She groaned in agony.
"Is it worse than being shot?" Yelena asked, rubbing her back supportively. Nat thought for a moment, before nodding. God, Steve thought. He had forgotten how pain tolerant she was.
"Nat, I know this may sound difficult, but try walking around a bit. It helped Laura when she was in labour with Cooper." Clint said, obviously trying to help. She tried to get up and walk around, like he instructed her to. She had only walked a few steps, before screaming in pain.
"Aaaahhhhhhh!" Steve rushed over to her, and lay her on the ground. Wanda came running into the room with a wet cloth to dab at the sweat on her body, and handed it to Yelena. Yelena set to work, gently dabbing it on her forehead, just like Nat had dealt with Yelena's wounds when they were little. Steve cradled Natasha's head in his lap, holding onto her hand.
"Strange, you're a doctor, help her out!" Bucky yelled at the mystic arts magic, fear in his eyes.
"I'm a neuro-surgeon, not a midwife." He retorted back.
"I'll go and get Dr Cho." Vision said, one of the only people in the room keeping a cool head.

****
Hey guys! Baby Romanogers may be making their first appearance in the next chapter! Are you guys excited?

Please don't forget to vote for you favourite chapter(s) and comment! They are really useful for writing the later chapters and stories!

Baby Captain Widow (a Romanogers pregnancy fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara