Ch.3 A nice encounter

Third-person POV

It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing flowers are blooming. On days like these, a girl was waiting for her uncle to answer the door.

???: knock knock! Come on, uncle, it's time to wake up! I-

She twisted the doorknob, not expecting it to open, and panicked.

???: u-uncle?!

She ran through the house thinking something was wrong, as her uncle never forgot to lock up before bed. Entering the living room, she saw nothing out of place, everything clean and tidy. More so than usual.

She slowed down but continued with her search. She reached her uncle's room to see the door wide open and him not inside.

She called one last time, and to her relief, heard a soft groan coming from the guest bedroom. Sighing, she walked to the door, though she was still on guard. Yet, she wasn't expecting what she'd see.

In the room were her uncle sleeping on her bed and someone cuddling into his chest. It honestly looked adorable, considering the size difference between the two. So caught in her little trance, she didn't see that her uncle was getting up out of bed.

Aizawa: Hana? What are you doing here? I thought you were coming on Friday?

???: wha- uncle! It is Friday, b-but if you're busy, that's fine! I-I'll be leaving now.

Aizawa: huh? What do you- oh! W-wait, Hana, it's not what it looks like!

Aizawa rushes out of bed to explain and unknowingly awakes the sleeping skeleton.

"..."

There sat the scarf of a fallen monster, his remains already being carried away by the wind. And there stood a skeleton, his everlasting smile also gone and instead replaced with a dull expression laced with apathy. Grabbing the dusty scarf, his nose(?) wrinkled in disgust. The scarf's once crimson red color faded and was now covered in dust and snow.

The death of his brother always tugged at his soul strings. But since the 745th reset, it was only a minor inconvenience to the skeleton. He could never just 'give up' like any other Sans because he was the original, classic Sans. If he did, not only would his world end, but the whole multiverse. And he could never go out and unload his problems to others because they would just forget in a reset, or frankly, not care.

The skeleton, also known as Sans, dragged the scarf alongside him as his unblinking eye sockets stared blankly towards the path to Waterfall. Right now, he saw no point in using his magic to teleport there since the human already knew Sans wouldn't be waiting for them at the judgment hall. At least he hasn't been for a couple resets. Sans knew that it messed with the end of the storyline, but as long as it wasn't too big of a change, nothing would go wrong.

His movements were automatic and stiff, while his mind wandered about the more gruesome of resets. Scenes replayed in his skull, over and over again. Yet, that no longer bothered him as well. Instead, it left him relieved that the human gave them all quick deaths this reset. He took any ounce of happiness he could get, even when he could still hear the screams of his loved ones.

At least they'll come back, right?

Making it to Waterfall, Sans took his jacket off and tied it onto his waist before neatly laying the dusty scarf on the damp grass. He then proceeded to sit in front of it and close his sockets.

"I love you, bro."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

San POV