⁽⁰⁵⁾ THE ADAMS ADMINISTRATION

"the rookie won it all!"

"how did miya lose?!"

loud cheers erupted from the crowd of fanatics after watching langa win against miya. both competitors panted deeply as beads of sweat rolled down their faces. langa caught his breath in time for reki to come running toward him with joy.

"langa!"

"hi-"

"you're so awesome!" reki pulled langa into a tight hug and praised him for his victory.

miya, on the other hand, stood alone. [name] was still out on the track near joe and cherry blossom, but he speeded through the course as fast as he could.

"i don't understand how i lost..." miya muttered. he was disheartened, disappointed in himself and his abilities.

reki called out to the younger boy, "i can explain it to you, if you want. why you failed."

miya looked up angrily, taking reki's offer as an insult. "what do you mean?"

"the reason we started skating was to have fun," reki explained calmly.

"fun?" he asked rhetorically, bitterness laced in his sharp tone, "sure, i guess so. i think i had a lot of fun, in fact. at least, in the beginning. for a while. but then, everyone disappeared. they leave you behind when you get good. no one wants to play when you win all the time."

his bright eyes looked downcast, thinking about the memories he once shared with all of the friends who had left him behind. "[name] is going to leave eventually. nobody ever stays."

lost in his thoughts, miya was met with two flicks to his forehead. his gloved hands covered the pained spot, yelling at the perpetrators. the two stared at him with a deadpanned expression, unbothered by his weak glare.

"why are you a dumbass?"

[name] denied his assumptions, "who says i'm leaving? i need people to bother, y'know."

"but- i- huh?"

reki shoved his hands in his pockets and continued his explanation. "not everybody is obsessed with winning."

from behind the trio, langa spoke out to his opponent, "hey, miya. i had a great time. let's skate again soon."

langa smiled softly, causing [name] to internally freak out.

"it doesn't matter whether we win or lose. we're still your friends who love to skate."

reki's statement prompted tears to well up in miya's eyes as he whimpered softly. before the tears could fall, he swiftly turned his body around to hide his face.

"aw, dude, you made him cry," [name] remarked.

although his voice cracked as an effect of the tears, miya still managed to argue against reki. "you're too weak. you'll never stand against me!"