⁽⁰⁹⁾ AN ITALIAN JOINT

hours after their school day had ended, miya and [name] met up, and made their way to shadow for the umpteenth time

hours after their school day had ended, miya and [name] met up, and made their way to shadow for the umpteenth time. their routine of bothering the older man became more common, and it soon turned into a habit.

it wasn't too late, and it wasn't too early in the day. the sun rested overhead, allowing its rays to veil the sky.

with his little pink car, shadow drove himself and the two teenagers to dope sketch, where they would find langa. [name] had been the one to text reki, notifying him of the meetup location. meanwhile, reki would find sakurayashiki kaoru, otherwise called cherry blossom.

when the three arrived at the skateboard shop, [name] pushed the door open, and the chime of bells made their appearance known.

"welcome," langa politely greeted. the blue haired boy was simply observing sketchy, the fennec fox, before turning to face the visitors.

[name] offered a wave of his hand. "c'mon. you wanna win against adam, don't you?"

langa's blue eyes shined with excitement, and he rapidly nodded his head. he then stood up from his crouched position, sprinted to the back room, and came back out with his skateboard. he had also changed into comfortable attire, leaving his work clothes neatly folded in the shop.

"oh, wow. you're excited," the taller teen softly teased. langa didn't deny his statement. instead, he continued to bounce up and down impatiently. shadow made a short gesture with his head, silently saying, 'let's go'.

with that, the group of four situated themselves in the car, and found the indoor skatepark.

they brought their things inside, leaving them along the aluminum bleachers.

"how do you, uh," langa paused to think, "how do you do the thing that adam did?"

miya looked at him quizzically, "you aren't referring to the love hug, right?"

he shook his head. "no, not that. the other thing..."

[name] dropped his board to the ground to build up the needed momentum for the trick. he approached the ramp, flipped his board with his feet, and dragged it down the side of the slope. he finished smoothly, placing a foot on the ground to stop the board's movement. "the casper slide?"

langa gasped, "yes, that one! how do you do the thing you just did?"

"well, you kinda just..." [name] trailed off, letting his actions do the explaining. after making sure that langa understood his visual instructions, he sat with miya and shadow on the bleachers.

they let langa do his own thing, practicing the newly learned skateboard trick continuously.

until reki ran through the entrance, amber eyes glued to his best friend. shadow glanced down to him, "and where the hell have you been?"