⁽¹⁵⁾ THE SNAKE

"this is my place

"this is my place. thanks, [name]."

"it was no problem," he replied. "reki, you aren't langa. you were never meant to be langa. you're reki. having two langas isn't as fun as having langa and reki, right?"

the amber eyed boy had frozen in his footsteps, allowing the words to sink in.

"yeah ... you're right. thank you, i really do appreciate you, [name]."

he smiled sincerely, and [name] waved goodbye.

the thing is, [name] knew damn well that his house was within walking distance from crazy rock. he also knew that walking home with reki would bring him much further than his initial destination.

but he figured that his friend needed some company, even if it wasn't the company he truly desired.

the crowd that gathered at s was as excited as ever. amongst the rowdiness of the place, many individuals discussed the possibilities of adam's appearance, and even rumors of new announcements. it kept people on their toes, waiting in anticipation.

miya and [name] weren't in any sort of rush, nor were they overly concerned with the night's events.

"¥500 on adam showing up tonight," miya said.

[name] gave some thought toward his friend's wager. "oh? ¥1000 on adam and some type of news drop."

"you're on, sin."

as they skated through the sea of skaters and stray spectators, they came across langa, who had arrived at the same time as them. the older teenager was uncharacteristically by himself, with no redhead at his side.

miya had been the one to ask about reki's disappearance. "langa, where's reki?"

"he said he had to run an errand tonight," langa despondently answered.

[name] narrowed his eyes, suspicion written over his masked face. "at ... midnight?"

"yeah, apparently."

langa then bid his temporary goodbyes, leaving the group in favor of practicing and improving his skills, most especially his speed.

while langa was out on the designated track for skating, the whirring of a helicopter diverted the crowd's attention.

adam jumped out of the aircraft as loud music synchronized with his descent.

(unfortunately, he did not die. /hj)

he pulled the tag of his parachute, allowing his body to fall safely. while airborne, he let go of the parachute, using his skateboard to bring about the most dramatic entrance that anyone has ever seen before.