Chapter 62: Duress

Seth's POV

I have to make sure I check the perimeter thoroughly, otherwise there will be trouble for both of us.

What the fuck does Kenny want with me anyway? Doesn't he know associating with me is basically a death sentence at this point? Pearson has made sure of that. And why does he want to meet me in the capital of all places? I don't get what his angle is here...

I guess he did put some thought into this, the best way to get me interested in speaking to someone is definitely getting in contact with Uwe. He's the only person I will bother to listen to. He seemed pretty adamant about recommending I speak with him, obviously he feels it's something I would seriously be interested in.

People have been avoiding me for a long time now, except for those who want to kill me of course. Kenny hasn't been in that group as far as I know, he doesn't really care enough to want me dead, I expect.

I've been scouting the area for about an hour at least, I can't be too careful. There isn't really anyone around here that I have seen, so it may be safe to head to the meeting area.

In between 2 large buildings is a narrow alleyway that Kenny suggested. In clear view of the alley is a very affluent area, that is probably why there really aren't many people out. There are no shops around here, only residential buildings. It's pretty warm outside for it being evening. A good time for someone like me to creep out of hiding.

"What were you doing?" I hear Kenny's voice from behind me.

"Shedding old cells and making new ones, as one does. It's simple biology Kenny, you really should know this." I answer simply.

"You're as annoying as your daughter." He lights up a cigarette.

I tense up at the mention of (y/n), it's a sore subject with me. He would do well not to bring her up again if he needs me for something, unless he wants a taste of the back of my hand.

"What do you want, Kenny?" I ask him irritably.

"I want to talk," He answers as he leans against the brick wall, "More specifically, I need your help."

"I don't know what to tell you, Kenny. You're going to have regular flare ups with herpes. I'm sure you have been warned about sleeping with underground prostitutes."

"Did you give that same advice to Laney when she was down there? Or perhaps you should save that conversation for (y/n), she's the one I got them from." He smiles mischievously.

"Haha, funny man," I snarl before I grab the knife from my pocket and push Kenny hard against the wall, drawing a little blood in the process to make it worth while.

"Relax," Kenny chuckles and raises his hands, "I wouldn't go anywhere near her, she looks like she's fucking 12."

"And doesn't have a penis." I add.

"... I don't know that, it remains undetermined."

"If you don't start telling me why I'm here in a few seconds, I'm shoving that cigarette down your throat and I'm gone. Get on with it." I growl at him.

"You're the one who went off on a tangent."

"You're not supposed to encourage it, surely Uwe warned you about that."

"We should get started any way, you're going to miss a chance to see (y/n)."

I loosen my grip on him, "What are you talking about?"