Prologue

2 years ago

                               Scarlett

People wonder if I'm crazy, I would have to agree, I'm insane.

Sometimes I wonder if I was born in the right generation. Other kids my age talk about nonsense like beer, getting high, etcetera.

Today is the last day of school and the beginning of summer. There's a party I could go to. Do I want to go? No, not really.

My name is Scarlett by the way. I've had quite a day today. My head hurts so god dang much. It feels like a biker dude has my head like a basketball and is cutting all my blood circulation. My thoughts are all messed up right now, I don't know what to do or how to act or what I should feel. I mean I didn't commit a crime but it sure as hell feels that way. Sorry for the use of expletives. I don't usually say them but when I don't know what other word could mean what I am thinking, I use them. I don't say them aloud too much.

But enough with my ludicrousness. Today was the last day of my freshman year in high school. It didn't end well. I mean normally nothing ends well in life. If it's ending it's probably for a bad reason. I'm talking to you It Ends With Ice Cream how could it have gone out of business. I was there frickin' 24/7. The worst part is they decided to open one of those Gold Gym's. How fucking fucked up to my sweet heart.  

Anyway, sorry about that but here's what you need to know. I tried out for the cheerleading squad with my best friend last year. The logical thing I could possibly do was agree with her. She was my only friend. I knew if I didn't abide she was going to go on her own. She was one of those girls who tried to change for people by dressing differently and talking like them. She would find a fucking way to be poular whether that was with me or without me. I think deep down she felt sorry for me because I don't have friends so she knew that. Laura had a huge group of friends back in middle school.

You might be wondering what she wanted with me if she could easily make friends with people, well here's the thing I don't fucking know. I have been telling her for years now and she says everytime that I seemed cool. 

How can a 12 year old who wears nothing but oversized clothes come across looking cool. And not to mention my long brown hair was concealing my face most of the time. I never spoke to anyone. I wore the most neutral clothes to blend in with my surroundings.

One time this girl sat on me in my math class with Mr.Rouge. How dare she have the audacity to sit on an invisible perceptible girl?Like, c'mon did she truly think I was not there. Not even my 83 year old grandma has that bad of an eyesight and common sense.

The thing is that we were not the type of people meant to be friends but we did. She was my best friend because I had no one else to give that title to. Laura knew basic things about me, like favorite color and such. She knew I never could possibly choose one favorite movie. How could I that's just cynical, people. If you can, you're crazy more than Stacy Connors for sitting on my poor self. You could say I knew everything about her. There was never a time when we had nothing to say to each other. Most of the time I couldn't get a word out. She would cut me off, so I learned that when it came to Laura the best thing you could do was nod. I got tired of nodding but I couldn't just be on my own in this terrible world.

Life is  easy  when you have the right people meant to live it with you.

Anyway, I suck at explaining things. But, I joined the cheerleading squad with Laura this year.  I hate exercising. I mean throwing people or being thrown didn't appear merriment in the least. I was fucking right. I hated every single practice. You could literally just stand there and would be on the team. Everett was one of those cities close to the Californian coast with a small population. So my high school was undersized and populated for about  100 students for each grade. Everyone knew each other whether we liked it or not.