Chapter 4

Dean

I just cut Lee's hair. She looks beautiful, I wasn't aware that someone's hair can dictate someone's beauty. But, I guess it does.

She looked beautiful before and after. But now looking at her made my heart accelerate.

I told her that we should head to school already because we're going to be late. But I lied. I just wanted to stop looking at her and talking about her new haircut.

We get into my jeep and buckle up. I was still parked in front of my house because moving the car just a couple feet would have been pointless if I was just moving a small distance.

I play Hear you me - Jimmy Eat World as we head to school.

"Are you going to be okay?" I ask Lee, turning to look at her.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to be okay." She says. " I was wondering if I can sit with you at lunch."

"Yeah, why would you even need to ask. Of course you can." I say confused, looking at her.

Lee has sat with Cameron ever since they started dating. And because I'm part of the football team this year I have been sitting with my friends from there. Noah, Greyson, Luke, and Ben.

We didn't have to arrange things because it was certain we weren't going to sit together. But, now things have changed. Cameron broke up with her so now she can't sit with him. I mean she can but she wouldn't want to. Why would she?

"Sounds good then." She says relieved.

"Heather is also welcome to sit with us too. If she wants of course." I say.

"Yeah. Thank you." She says grabbing my phone to change the song.

She plays Innocence - Avril Lavigne and we sing along until we get to campus.

'I found a place so safe, not a single tear, the first time in my life, and now it's so clear'

'It's so beautiful, it makes you wanna cry, this innocence is brilliance, It makes you wanna cry'

We make it to school on time. Which gives us time to go to our locker to get our stuff. My first class is english with Mrs.Meyer. Lee has art with Ms.Johnson. We head to our separate classes.

~~~~~~~~

I bring my own lunch because I don't like school food. Yes, I'm one of those guys.

Ben is already at our table when I get there.

"Hey, man." He says.

"Hey"

"Did you see that Lindsay was checking you out?" He asks, thrilled.

"No. She was? When?" I ask confused. I sit down across from him and open my backpack to take my lunch out.

"Yeah. Look at her," he says, turning around to look in her direction, "she's still staring."

As if knowing we are talking to her, she stands up and comes towards our table.

"Hey, Dean." She says sitting next to Ben, who needs to pick up his jaw from the floor.

"Hey." I say calmly, just as Lee and Heather come to sit.