Chapter 2

Dean

That son of a bitch broke up with her.

I grab her hand and head to the parking lot. I know she needs something to cope with and I know just the place to take her. She usually asks me to take her at the end of the day but she needs it right now.

I open the passenger door of my jeep and sit her down. I put on her seat belt because she's looking numb and I don't want to interrupt her middle in thought.

I get inside and start the car.

She's sitting still letting tears run down her cheeks. I feel so bad for her. This was her first serious relationship and that asshole breaks up with her infront of everyone.

I saw them talking and I knew something wasn't right. So I left the boys and went to see what was going on. And I heard Cameron say something about breaking up and my heart broke for Lee.

I know she was worried about it in the morning because she usually picks the music for our ride to school. I choose what we listen to on our way back home.

"Are you okay?" I ask. " That was some good throw over there."

She laughs and by doing so more tears stream down.

I remember last week she was playing this artist with heartbreak lyrics. I grab her phone in the console and search for a purple album.

Found it. I connect my bluetooth to her phone and let the songs play on. While I start backing out of the parking lot.

Traitor - Olivia Rodrigo

The song starts and she starts crying for sure now. And I don't know what to do. She usually doesn't cry so I don't know what to do.

"Do you want me to take this off?" I ask genuinely concerned.

She shakes her head. "Nnn..oo.." she sobs, "It took you two weeks to go off and date her... God I wish you went and thought this through before I went and fell in love with you." She sings in between sobs.

"Don't you dare forget about the way you betrayed me." I sing shockingly knowing the lyrics. She played this so much last week I guess I was paying attention to the lyrics and remembered them.

The song ends and

Enough for you - Olivia Rodrigo

Starts playing as I'm heading onto the freeway .

" I wore makeup when we dated cuz I thought you like me more" Lee sings, sticking her head out the window. " You know, at lunch I was thinking that he wanted to be with someone ordinary like me...he didn't want to date another Lindsay." She says impassively, turning to look at me.

"You're not ordinary, Scarlett." I say angry. She always brings herself down and lets feelings overtake her dignity. " He was just stupid, and didn't know what to do with someone like you."

"Jee, thanks Dee." She says melancholic.

"I didn't mean it that way." I didn't mean it that way. " What I'm saying is, " I say frustrated, " If he didn't see you for the girl that you are. He wasn't meant to call you his girlfriend.

Ok. He was never with you, he didn't value your presence like he should have. You don't have to feel sorry for yourself because you're not the one that lost something great."