⋗𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐚, 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐥.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

⋗𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐬, 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬.- 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

BUCKY Barnes looked between the two women befuddled. He wondered how a Wakandan warrior and the daughter of the man who killed their king knew each other. The two women on the other hand ignored him and glared at each other, Ayo walking forward so that she was looming over Eva.

"How could you free him?" The formers' words were whispered but he could still hear her. Evelina rolled her eyes and took a step back. "Don't blame it on me, Mr. 'White Wolf' and his bird friend broke him out of jail. I had no choice but to help them when they showed up outside of my school." The brunette defended herself and pointed a manicured finger at the white wolf who had a bird friend.

Ayo ignored Eva's hostile sarcasm and repeated her question to Bucky. He tried to hide his emotions when he responded but both the stoic warrior and short woman could see straight through his strong façade, like how the former taught the latter.

Bucky kept his head forward and hands in his pockets as Ayo circled him as if he was her prey, she continued with her unnecessary exposition. "With time, will, and the resources, the Winter Soldier programming was removed from you like a rotten fur." The brunette on the side-lines was considering interrupting them with more sarcasm but the soldier beat her to it.

"And I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful for everything you and Shuri have done." He tried to calm her down by being honest but Ayo's anger was endless and justified. Ayo cut in and spoke with malice and poise. "Zemo murdered our King T'Chaka at the U.N. The man who chose us. Who chose me to protect him." 

By the end of her sentence she still hadn't finished her circle around him, leading to him turning his head to try and meet her eyes and prove to her he was doing the bare minimum and being as honest as he could be. "I understand." Bucky tried to convince her but even Evelina, who had been watching their interaction with a hateful frown, knew he didn't.

Ayo interposed again. "Very little, if anything, of our loss and our shame." Her sentence was accompanied by what resembled a sneer and a regretful look from Bucky. Eva knew it was time for her to finally step in and placed a hand on her old friends' shoulder, turning the taller woman to face her.

"Uyindlela yokufikelela esiphelweni." Eva couldn't meet Ayo's eyes when she spoke, not because she's short but because it would hurt her to look into the eyes of the second last person who abandoned her. The Dora Milaje eyed both of the people she helped bring out of dark places and sighed.

"Eight hours, White Wolf. Then we come for him and Fluture, keep them in line." Ayo forced eye contact as she regarded Evelina with her Madripoor name and held her hand out for her beads. Wordlessly, Eva handed her the marbles and walked away in the opposite direction.

Before she could get far the Sergeant grabbed her arm and pushed her against the wall. "What in the actual fuck was that? How do you know Ayo?" Eva couldn't really responded because of the metal forearm being pressed against her neck, slightly restricting her airways. With a roll of the eyes and a flourish, the roles were reversed.

An unexpected stiletto heel to the foot, a knee to the groin, a fist to the stomach and an elbow to the nose were what it took to bring the super soldier to the ground. "None of your fucking business buddy boy." With her last comment she took off toward her fathers' safe house.

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

By the time Bucky had recovered and made it back to the others, Zemo had stepped out of the shower and Sam had pestered Eva while she was making her tea to the point she threatened him with a teaspoon successfully. The door opened and he walked in grumpily, glaring at the brunette with the British accent. 

"Well, the Wakandans are here. They want Zemo. Bought us some more time." He ignored the fact that Eva was actually the one who had bought them time as he sauntered into the grand room. "Were you followed?" Sam asked a relevant question but he just brushed him off leaving Sam to questioningly look at Eva.

"I for sure wasn't followed, can't be so sure about the old man though." Her sarcasm wasn't appreciated but she didn't really care because her kettle had whistled.  While Evelina was pouring her water into the teapot she tuned out the annoying yapping that was her fathers' voice and let her thoughts wander.

After the encounter with Ayo all she could think about was how Ayo looked as if she hadn't aged a day in six years, purely because she hadn't. Ayo was one of the billions of people that had been snapped, unlike her. The last time the pair had seen each other was on her seventeenth birthday, the day she was gifted her knives and staff as memorabilia for their year of training.

As an 'I'm sorry we broke into your house and threatened you because of your fathers' crime' gift, T'Challa had assigned Ayo to teach Eva how to use the iconic Dora Milaje spear after her amazing work with freeing Bucky from the Winter Soldier programming. The two had grown close over their year of lessons, they had become sisters but on her seventeenth birthday, Ayo had disappeared, never contacting Eva again.

It took awhile but Evelina eventually got over her betrayal, she lived a decent life except for the time half of the universe was snapped out of existence. Eva had moved to Madripoor for a year and made two very close friends and then moved back and got accepted into Cambridge with a major in psychology.

She was no longer the weak and naïve sixteen year old she was when the two first met, Evelina had been using sarcasm as a defence mechanism and was thriving at age twenty-two. Unlike, Ayo who was dead.

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

A/N: I'm gonna use this authors note to shamelessly plug my other books because I can<3. If you like Peter Parker I have written Cotton Candy Skies, If you like Yelena Belova I am writing MASKS and if you like Teen Wolf/ Lydia Martin I have Absolutely Smitten. Anyways, I SINCERELY ADORE EACH AND EVERYONE WHO READS THESE BOOKS BECAUSE YOU DESERVE TO BE LOVED. DON'T FORGET TO EAT FOOD, DRINK WATER, SLEEP AND TAKE YOUR MEDICATION IF NECESSARY.

-Sincerely, Bee.