CHAPTER 2

The next few days fly by in a whirlwind. I spend them in back-to-back meetings with Santiago, hammering out the final details for the renovations of the Costanzo Hotel in California. It feels like a whirlwind, but we're nearing the finish line with the deal.

Today, Saturday, I wake up early, courtesy of a nightmare that seems to have been triggered by my return to Italy, but it was expected. I rub the sleep from my eyes, glancing out the window of my room, and witness a scene that jolts me awake completely.

There, in the early morning light, I see Aurora engaged in fierce hand-to-hand combat with a man. It's a sight to behold, and I can't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for her opponent. Aurora is a force to be reckoned with, precisely delivering punch after punch.

Aurora maintains the upper hand despite the man's attempts to defend himself. She has him pinned to the ground, between her legs, and it's clear he's struggling to keep up. It's either tap out or face the consequences, and I can see the desperation in his eyes as he grapples with the decision.

As I watch them, a thought crosses my mind: maybe I should take Aurora up on her offer. A few days ago, she suggested I join her for training sessions while I'm in town. She made a compelling argument, mentioning how it could help me hone my skills and offering an alternative to my usual Saturday morning routine of sipping coffee and munching on croissants.

Sure, the idea of improving my combat skills doesn't exactly scream "vacation," but there's something intriguing about the prospect of training alongside Aurora again. Plus, it could be a fun way to spend time together and challenge myself in a new way.

I change out of my pajamas and slip into a comfortable workout outfit, a set of clothes I had packed along just in case the urge to do yoga struck me during the trip. The fabric feels snug against my skin, imbuing me with a sense of readiness for the physical activity ahead.

Descending the stairs, I make my way towards the backyard, the crisp morning air filling my lungs with each step. The soft rays of the sun cast a warm glow over the surroundings, adding a touch of tranquility to the scene. I approach the designated training area, and I come to a halt once I reach it.

"Andrea, you decided to take up my offer," Aurora says, appearing at my side with a smile that radiates warmth. "Come, you won't regret it." She reaches out, gently pulling me towards the center of the space.

"I hope so," I reply, returning her smile with a mixture of anticipation and curiosity.

"Aurora, take a stance with your partner for today?" The sudden voice startles me, and I spin around to see who it is. My heart skips a beat as I recognize the voice, and there he stands, more captivating than ever, his gym attire accentuating every contour of his sculpted physique. The sunlight cascades over him, casting a golden glow that enhances his already mesmerizing features. His tattoos, peeking out from beneath his sleeves, add an air of mystery and allure. Our eyes meet briefly, but he barely spares me a glance before looking away. Ouch!