CHAPTER 11

Later at night, as I prepare for dinner with Ivan, I fabricate a story about needing to arrive separately and ask him to send over the address of the restaurant where we'll be dining. I don't mention Stefano joining us; I have an excuse to explain his presence once we meet. As I slip into the elegant dark green dress, its form-fitting silhouette gracefully accentuates my curves. The sparkling embellishments on the straps draw attention to my cleavage, adding a touch of allure. If that weren't enough, its above-the-knee length showcases my tan skin, further enhancing its appeal.

I step out of my room, the click of my heels echoing in the hallway. Stefano's eyes widen as he takes in my appearance.

"No! Not even a million years," he growls, his gaze smoldering with a possessive intensity that sends a shiver down my spine.

"What?" I feign innocence, reveling in the way his jaw tightens.

"That outfit. You are not wearing that to meet him." His voice is low, laced with a warning that only fuels my defiance.

"Why? What's wrong with it?" I challenge, arching a brow.

"It screams fuck me, and for all we know, he might be a pervert and actually try." The raw edge to his words catches me off guard, igniting a fire in my belly.

"First of all, it doesn't scream that," I retort, my cheeks flushing. "And secondly, did you just say only perverts would want to fuck me?" The words tumble from my lips, equal parts indignant and thrilled by his possessive streak.

"No, what I meant is..." He closes the distance between us, his eyes boring into mine with an intensity that steals my breath. "He won't be able to resist, and when you say no because you will fucking say no, he would try to force himself on you. And we don't want your poor friend to die, do we?" He arches a brow, his lips curling into a smirk that sends my heart racing.

I'm rendered speechless, caught between the thrill of his indirect compliment and the possessive promise lurking beneath his words. The idea of him protecting me, even from imagined threats, sparks a dangerous longing within me.

"Andrea," he prompts, his gaze unwavering.

"I'm not changing," I declare, my voice steadier than I feel, unwilling to surrender to his demands.

"Really, you're not? So you want me to empty a round in someone's head tonight?" The casual threat should alarm me, but instead, it ignites a reckless spark of excitement.

"Yes," I smirk, holding his gaze in a daring challenge.

"Alright, let's have it your way then." He returns my smirk, a predatory gleam in his eyes as he leads the way to the door, and I follow, my pulse thrumming with anticipation.

We arrive at the restaurant, and I step out of the car, acutely aware of Stefano's presence at my back. A shiver of awareness trails down my spine as I make my way inside, easily spotting Ivan's handsome features amidst the crowd.

"Hello Ivan, I am sorry I am late," I offer with an apologetic smile, approaching his table.

"No, it's fine, you are here now," he reassures, rising to pull out my chair in a gentlemanly gesture.

"Thank you," I murmur, moving to take my seat, but Stefano beats me to it.

"Hi, I'm the motherfucker that will make you see your forefather if you dared look at her the wrong way," he declares, his tone a lethal caress as he claims my chair.

I bite back a smile, equal parts exasperated and thrilled by his audacity. Ivan turns to me, brow lifted in silent question, and I offer a placating smile.