Chapter 2 : A New Start

After he joined the organization, Cleaners, he was told that they won't be giving him any solo missions, since he's a total beginner letting him complete a contract by himself was "absolute suicide", or so they explained.

He too understood how dangerous it is to do such a job, so he didn't argue back.

For now, he was told to tag along with Sasuke on his solo missions and just "watch and learn", though he was warned very strictly -and scarily- not to get in his way, not even by mistake.

Jiraya even gave him a full-on training regimen and asked him to build up more muscles, he even added that it was just the beginning, meaning there's more to learn than he'd expected.

They were surprisingly more thorough than he thought they'd be and it was almost fun to get better little by little by training hard.

He was even getting paid way more than any of his previous jobs even though he's not even doing anything other training yet and just looking at Sasuke do his work from a little distance away.

He could only imagine how much more he'd be able to earn if he were to get himself a solo mission. Though he's definitely not ready for it yet, it was still too much to even just see Sasuke kill people left and right, like they're mere insects.

It was nearing the end of a month since he'd started living in a vacant room on top of the bar run by Jiraiya, Sasuke lived in the room in front of his and Jiraiya had a whole floor to himself above their's.

Because of the debt collectors he rarely ever went back to his old apartment to begin with, and ever since he got fired from his previous part time job 2 months ago, he hasn't been there even once.

So he literally had nothing on him when he started living there. But Kiba and Sasuke both gave away lots of their used clothes and other things he'd need, saying they didn't want it anymore.

Not once had they questioned Naruto about why he wanted to join them, why he asked Jiraiya if he could live at the bar for a while, why he didn't have anything other than a phone and an almost empty wallet, they didn't question a single thing, not even out of harmless curiosity. It was comforting, being around them.

He was yet to meet the rest of the people in the organization, they seemed to have a gathering at the ending of every month so he'll soon be able to meet each and every one of them.

He was surprisingly very excited and looking forward to it.

He giggled, putting on a suit -for the very first time in his life- that Sasuke gave him, saying he'd need it for the mission they're in charge of this time around.

This was the 4th misson Naruto was accompanying Sasuke on, and it seemed more complicated than the previous ones where all they had to do was take a bike to reach the location, snipe the targets who were already tied up and half beaten to death from a considerable distance, then flee from the spot on the same bike.

Not as easy as it sounds though as they had to succeed in one go and run as fast and quiet as they could to where the bike was parked.

He was even told that he's too slow by Sasuke, that mean teme, he was still training dammit!

Apparently someone else was in charge of discreetly destroying the evidence they might have left behind and covering up their tracks. Naruto was yet to meet that person.

It's amazing how impressive they seem the more he gets to know them, Cleaners truly was an amazing organization beyond words. Scarily so.

-Knock, Knock-

Naruto paused his action of buttoning up his shirt and went to open the door.

He looked at the well dressed up raven at his doorstep and grinned, "Damnn, teme! You look so cool!"

"Hn..", Sasuke looked him up and down, continuing, "how long do you need to dress up, dobe?"

He couldn't help but think that the blonde looked kinda sexy with his shirt half-buttoned up. But he pushed the thought aside for now, they were getting late as we speak.

Naruto pouted, proceeding to button up his shirt and walked back into his small but cozy room. Sasuke following closely behind.

He noticed the blonde fidget around while tying his tie, and took it upon himself to do it for him without a word.

Naruto watched as the raven swiftly tied the tie he was struggling with and thought that he looked so very cool and reliable, even though he's still super scary during work, Naruto noticed how considerate he can be outside of it. Jiraiya and Kiba as well. But he guessed that Sasuke was special as the raven was the very reason, he was able to make ends meet and even manage to get away from those debt collectors. If he hadn't met Sasuke that day he wouldn't be here now, after all.

"Stop day-dreaming and get your coat soon, we're getting late", Sasuke pat him on the shoulder, using a little too much force than needed, making Naruto pout and rub his shoulder before picking up his coat and running to follow Sasuke out.

TBC...