Chapter 7 : Home

After crying till all his tears dried up, Naruto sat still as he loosely held onto Sasuke, Sasuke too holding him right back.

He smiled, snuggling the ravens dark shirt soaked in his tears and snot, he giggled at the wetness he felt.

Sasuke questioningly glanced at him but stayed silent, the white of his eyes red like his pupils, only ever so slightly.

Naruto looked up at the raven's tear stained face, looking messy like his own, and smiled. He did realize it half way through but Sasuke really had cried with him, hadn't he?

"Thanks, Sasuke", he said, voice a bit corse from all the crying.

Sasuke smiled gently, a face he didn't know he was capable of making. And slowly ruffled his blonde locks, "hn.."

Naruto smiled wider and hugged him tightly again, not wanting to let go. He felt so good and comfortable in the raven's arms that he did so without thinking much, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

Sasuke was still softly rubbing his hair, smiling lovingly and feeling a bit relieved that he seemed better than before. But slightly worried nonetheless.

A knock on the door startled them both, Naruto instinctively jumping out of his embrace.

Sasuke looked at him once before going to answer the door.

It was Jiraiya, who looked like he just saw a ghost.

Sasuke raised a brow questioningly for just a second before realizing that his face and eyes still looked like a mess after all that crying.

He awkwardly coughed looking away, "What is it?", he questioned Jiraiya hoping he'd just mention what business bought him here.

Jiraiya smiled like a proud parent before smirking teasingly and said,  "Come down to have lunch soon, what time do you think it is?"

Sasuke grunted before nodding and closed the door after the old man walked away still smirking tauntingly.

'f*ck..', he cussed in his mind.

Naruto was silently watching the exchange and Just waited for Sasuke to come and sit back down but the ravens said he'd right back after a shower and locked himself in the bathroom.

Naruto sulked to himself, as he'd hoped to hug him again.. He blushed when he thought it out loud. Immediately rushing off to his own room, and showering to clear his own mind.

Sasuke who came out first, noticed that the blonde had indeed left. He did hear his room door open and close when showering so he'd figured that was the case.

Naruto sat on his own bed, gently wiping his hair with a towel. Remembering that it felt much better when Sasuke had done it for him.

He shook his head, putting the thought aside. Gosh, he was getting overly attached to Sasuke, wasn't he?

He decided to blame it on the raven's gentle kindness. It made his brain turn into mush! It wasn't his fault!

He heard a knock on his door and remembered that Jiraiya had called them to come down soon, and rushed to answer it, while thinking it was the old man again.

But it was Sasuke who stood outside at his door, looking fresh after a shower and smelling amazing. Naruto offhandedly thought he smelled different from last night, and thinking he liked this smell better.

"Shall we go?", Sasuke questioned when the blonde just stared without a word.

Naruto who was bought back to reality and away from his distracting thoughts, nodded ferociously making Sasuke smile lightly at this.

As they headed down, Sasuke hesitantly asked, "Are you okay now?"

Naruto paused on the staircase, Sasuke too coming to a halt when he saw this.

He smiled gratefully at the raven as he said, "Thanks to you, yes, yes I am", he moved to stand next to him, shoving away the urge to hug him again and grinned widely at the raven that still looked slightly worried.

Sasuke decided it's best not to invade more than this and just pat his head, smiling as he said, "I'm glad then"

They headed down to see that Kiba and Jiraiya had already started eating, they joined them and finished their lunch late in the afternoon.

Kiba excitedly headed out saying he was doing a really interesting mission with Shino.

Making Naruto wonder who this 'Shino' was curiously.

Jiraiya said they were having their end of the month meeting two days from now and told Naruto to rest up till then and continue training from next month on.

Naruto smiled gratefully, he was feeling very warm and cozy from all this care he was being showered with.

He thought that he never wanted to leave this place.

This place that had properly become his home now.

TBC..