Chapter 3 : The mission begins

Naruto who was following Sasuke closely behind, noticed that instead of walking down the stairs to exit through the bar's backdoor, he was climbing up to the floor on which Jiraiya was staying at.

"Hey, if you're looking for Jiraiya, he must still be at the bar during this time", Naruto said, almost confused.

"I know, that's not it, just follow me", said Sasuke, as they reached the floor.

Naruto expected it to have only one big room, double the size of their's, as he'd heard that the old man was occupying the whole floor. But the layout was the same as the floor below.

They entered the room that seemed to be right above Sasuke's, he guessed that the other is where Jiraiya was staying at.

He gawed at the room that was filled to the brim with all kinds of costumes, wigs, make up and what not.

A girl with light blonde hair sat in one of the seats in front of the mirror, looking something up on the smartphone in her hand.

"What took you guys so long? I'm tired of waiting", she said without looking up from her phone.

"Not my fault, this dobe took too long to dress up", Sasuke shrugged offhandedly, making Naruto glare at him with a pout.

"Right! The new guy, huh", she finally put her phone away and got up to face Naruto, "Hello there, I'm Yamanaka Ino, nice to finally meet you, newbie", she smiled, extending her hand.

Naruto took the hand, smiling sheepishly, "I'm Naruto, it's nice to meet you too, Ino-san. And I'm sorry for being late.."

Ino laughed, "It's fine, it's fine, I just need to be quicker at finishing my work on you guys! And no need to so formal with me~", Ino was already taking out all kinds of make up tools as she said this, "Then shall we get started?", she smirked confidently.

And before he knew it he saw a completely different person in the mirror. His blonde hair tucked inside the soft brunette wig and his blue eyes turned into little amber ones with colored contacts, even his face structure and complexion looked completely different.

"sh*t..", he mumbled, he couldn't help but be astonished at her skills.

Ino laughed at his reaction, "surprised?"

"Hellya!! You're so amazing, Ino-chan!", Naruto was already comfortable enough to use casual speech with her.

"Hahah, thank you!", she grinned proudly.

"Alright, let's get going, we don't have all the time in the world to sit and chat right now", Sasuke said as he rushed to the door, his spiky black hair which was now wavey and soft fluttered at his speed, his blood red eyes turned pitch black shooting a glare at pair that was being friendly.

Ino was done disguising them at the same time with an amazing speed so its not like they didn't have a little time to spare but Sasuke somehow hated seeing Naruto make sparkly eyes at the girl.

Ino was quick to catch onto this and smirked, "you sure are loved, aren't you, Naruto-kun?"

"Sorry..?", Naruto was about to question what she meant when Sasuke interrupted again, "Dobe, quick!"

"Ah! I'm coming, teme! Wait!", he yelled at Sasuke who was already outside the door and turned to face Ino with a sheepish grin, "Sorry, Ino-chan, let's talk more later, I'll be going now, thanks for your hard work!", he exclaimed the last part rushing out the door, then turned to Sasuke with a glaring pout, "You could at least thank her too.."

"Hn.. She's just doing her job, what's there to thank?", Sasuke said, speeding down the stairs.

"Hmph, you brute..", Naruto mumbled as he followed the raven, still pouting.

They briefly greeted Jiraiya before rushing off outside.

After reaching the main road by foot, they walked towards an expensive looking posh car, and Sasuke causally climbed onto the back seat, urging Naruto to do the same.

Naruto wasn't even surprised anymore. What, after seeing someone turn them into completely different people? Yeah,  this was not as surprising.

A sudden thought made him pause  his current 'being impressed' reaction and turn to face Sasuke, "How long will it take to complete today's task?"

"Completing the task itself will take just a couple of minutes, but this time we need to stay overnight to keep up the role we're playing..", He answered.

"Stay overnight?", Naruto's tone expressed his surprise, he leanded in to whisper into Sasuke's ear, "Won't our disguise fall apart?"

Sasuke smirked, amused, "We can wash it off before going to bed today. Someone else is already staying at the hotel we're heading to, they're in charge of doing it again tomorrow morning, so don't worry", Sasuke explained as he gave him a light pat on the head, before continuing, "Also you don't need to whisper coz the guy driving is also one of us", he smirked teasingly.

Naruto blushed, "You could've said that before!"

The driver laughed, amused by their interactions, "Hello, sorry for the late introductions, newbie-chan~ I'm Kakashi, the one in charge of driving you guys to your location this time."

"Hello! I'm Naruto, it's nice to meet you too!", he said hurriedly bowing in a polite manner instinctively.

"No need to be polite, you can relax", the white-haired man smiled.

Naruto relaxed back into his seat with a smile of his own, and hurriedly turned to Sasuke again as if he remembered something more important, "When can go back tomorrow then?!", he exclaimed, startling Sasuke for just a second, before he regained his composure and answered, "It's fine to leave anytime after 9am tomorrow, we're only staying to avoid unwanted suspicions after all"

"Oh..", Naruto was deep in thought and Sasuke didn't question him about it.

"After we reach I need you to play along and just smile at everything I do", Sasuke said, bringing Naruto back from his thoughts.

"Alright, just smile, got it, I can do that", Naruto nodded confidently.

"Don't show your surprise no matter what I do, and do not,  and I mean DO NOT, retaliate, even if you don't like it", Sasuke said sternly, almost scarily. Though you could see Kakashi smiling amusedly from the rearview mirror.

"Alright.. I got it", Naruto gulped, getting nervous about exactly what the raven was planning to do. Since he didn't say what it was, he decided it's best not to ask and sat nervously.

"Relax, I won't do anything too extreme so just remember to smile through it", Sasuke placed his plam on Naruto's back giving it a light rub with his thumb before retracting his hand.

Naruto nodded, a little less nervous than before and smiled as he began to relax.

It took them around 40 minutes to reach their destination, Naruto thanked Kakashi politely for dropping them off and got out to follow Sasuke into the luxurious hotel they'd arrived at.

A place Naruto couldn't even dream of before, he was about to walk into it proudly in a glamorous suit.

He felt his heart beat loudly in his chest, and he smiled widely, unable to contain his excitement.

By the time they reached the entrance, Sasuke slipped his hand around Naruto's waist, making Naruto look at him questioningly.

"smile", Sasuke whispered with a flirty smirk. Naruto blushed, guessing what was up, and smiled shyly.

TBC...

A/N : I was wondering if it's written well enough so far, please do let me know if there's a need to change something, or if you find typos or such.

Since I'm not used to writing things with a dark theme like this, I'm having difficulties making it as fluffy as I usually like to lol.

But I hope you liked it❤