🇳🇬DEBUT 🇳🇬

" báwo ni everybody, I'm jorja smith"

" so I just wanted to come on live for a bit and chat Yk. Tonight is gonna be my very first debut as a Nigerian artist at the odogwu awards. I will be on the same line up as wizkid, davido, yemi alade and so many more wonderful artists. "

" I'm gonna be answering you guys questions and everything to kinda warm yall up to me "

- what are you gonna bring new to the industry?

" oh really good question here. So thank you @burnaswife but um I'm basically going to bring this mixture of island and rnb vibes. Really riding the Afro beats wave with my own twist. It's most definitely not gonna sound like anything you've heard before and tonight I'll prove it"

- are you worried about coming into the Nigerian scope while being an outsider?

" we'll not necessarily. My dad is Jamaican and my mom is English so I've been raised around similar vibes. Growing up in England there was a high amount of Nigerians around me and we really vibed on a big level. I learned the language and the culture and now I'm just ready to show the world that. Im keeping my own culture and bringing that to y'all's "

" speaking of which you got a call"
My mom/manager said.

" oh one second guys this could be about tonight "

"Hello?" I said

" báwo ni is this Jorja smith?"

"This is she"

" well this is Bose ogulu, burna boys mamager. He just watched your interview that you did on the tonight show last week and wants you to come to his studio today for a meeting. "

Me and my mom looked at each other with the widest eyes and silent screamed! I was the biggest burna boy fan there is. How could HE the literal African Giant want to speak to me!

" He'll give you the details when you get here but his schedule is busy so don't be late "

" yes ma'am thank you soo much! I'll be there "

We hung up and I went back to the live screaming

" oh my god you guys!!! I have to go! Big big things are in the works. See you tonight! Make sure to tune in to the Odogwu Awards at 8"