Chapter 5

9 years ago

A little boy, around 10 was sitting under a tree, reading a book. His raven hairs fluttered due to the breeze.

The sky was a light shade of blue with white clouds enhancing its beauty. The sun was covered with clouds. It was a nice a day, the birds were chirping near by.

The little boy was busy reading when when a girl, a little older than him, came running towards him.

"G-Guess what I found today!" the girl exclaimed as she stopped in front of him and tried to catch her breath.

Her long blonde hairs were all messy due to the running, but she couldn't care less.

"What is it this time?" the boy asked without looking away from his book.

"A girl!" she raved with a wide smile.

The boy looked up from his book and gave her a weird look, "A girl?"

"Yes! A girl!" She jumped in excitement.

The boy just stared at her with confusion clear on his face.

"Uh, you okay Dahyun?" He gave her a weird look, but then shrugged and looked back at his book, "Actually you never were," He muttered with a straight face.

Dahyun stopped and glared at the boy.

After a moment, she sighed and sat beside him, "Actually, I found her in the woods. She was all alone."

The boy stopped reading the book but didn't look up.

"I know I shouldn't be happy. She was alone and shaking in fear when I offered to help her." She looked up at the flock of birds in the sky and smiled, "But you know, I felt happy. I thought I might finally have someone I can treat like a little sister."

Dahyun turned to face the boy, "I really want to keep her with us."

The little boy sighed and turned to face the older girl, "Can you stop being so dramatic?"

"I'm serious, Taehyung!" Dahyun sounded offended by his remark.

"Okay fine. We say you found a girl, but can you be sure that she is safe for us?" Taehyung stated with a blank face.

Dahyun scoffed and stood up, "How can you even say something like that?"

"I'm just being practical."

Dahyun laughed in disbelief, "That's not called being practical. It's called being heartless."

Taehyung let out a sigh, "Fine. Do whatever you want and stop annoying me." He continued reading his book.

"Stop trying to act like you dont care. I know you are not that cruel." Dahyun said.

"Hmm."

"She is in the main house of the pack."

"Hmm."

"I want you to go and see her."

"Hmm."

Taehyung paused and snapped his head towards Dahyun, "Wait, what?!"

"She looks about your age, try to make her comfortable and besides, she is seriously injured. Your blood might help her. So give her a visit," Dahyun said, more like ordered.