01| I Have A Dream

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: I Have A Dream
If you see the wonder, of a fairy tale
You can take the future, even if you fail...

ELENI

July 17th: What a night.

I'm never one to keep a diary, journal or log... let alone express my feelings through something that isn't music but I just have to write this down. There is a strong need to write all of this down - to remember it all. I have to freeze this memory forever like moments inside a picture frame. Just to save it all from the funny tricks of time.
I feel like I'm going mad over an intense wave of emotions and my body just feels like it is on high alert. Elevated breath, palms sweaty and a thumping heart. Is this what panic feels like?
Is this normal after one meeting?
Okay, deep breath, here's what happened. Harry turned up on the island, out of the blue...

I sat on the edge of the dock with my feet in the water, alone with my thoughts. Watching the morning go by and quite peacefully. The gentle ocean waves hit against the small boats that floated on the surface and my eyes followed them like they were some kind of mexican wave - as they all followed after one another.

I soon found my eyesight absentmindedly drifting towards the horizon that was littered with a few fisherman boats. Fishermen were beginning to start their day working their mundane jobs, rather happy with their life. I watched them idly as they reeled back the net and launched it into the water, one of my least favourite things about their actions. Like Dad once said, people have to eat, it's the circle of life but it didn't mean that I couldn't feel sad about the idea of it.

Something brushed against my swaying feet in the water, demanding my attention, I followed the sensation towards the water. A school of fish pass by the surface and I smile as I watch them swimming along happily, living their little lives. The clear water acts like the glass inside a window pane, acting as a viewing screen into a taste of their little world. Allowing my mind to escape its worries for a little while as I become lost in a new world.

I wonder what it felt like to feel so... Free. Allowed to float along the sea bed and off into the unknown to where their hearts desired. Sometimes watching them felt like a view of a different world that I couldn't escape to, like it was almost teasing you with all of its wonders and you just couldn't ... go. Out of all places, around the world, that I couldn't go to and see. The ocean was the only one that would provide even a taste of something that wasn't familiar. I'm forever dreaming of other places like Paris or Rome.

Just not here, somewhere I've been my entire life.

I sighed, looking elsewhere, shaking my head at the fleeting thoughts, leaning back on my arms and resting my full weight on them so that I could gaze at the sky.

Clear blue. As far as my eyes could see, even from here the earth could look different. Behind the shades of blue and the whites of the clouds were stars waiting for night to break just so they could shine. The very idea of their existence was so beautiful to me. Another great big adventure waiting for someone to dive into it.

A flock of birds brush over my vision and I follow them along the skyline, squawking to one another as they go. I smile at them as a dusting of a gentle breeze washes over my skin, kissing my cheeks as if to say hello - creating an aroma of salt air.

Consuming every fibre of my senses. Staring at the sky allowed the scent to become almost intoxicating. The gust of wind that floated across the water began to move the boats resting in the water, causing them to knock against one another but I paid no mind to it.

My surroundings became almost like white noise as I lost myself in the view in front of me. I felt at peace with myself, almost accepting the fact that I was alone in the world for an inch of a second. I add to the cadence as I hum the song the girls and I had planned to sing at the bar tonight, lost in the moment.