06|now everything is new

little Binx in the media :))

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: I think I met you in a dream
One touch and I know your kiss
Brown sugar when I'm on your lips
Half a mind to take, take it slow

BEFORE YOU READ!

This chapter begins the morning after Harry and Eleni meet, there will be a flashback written in italics, but it is written as if Eleni is retelling the events to Talia - if that makes sense!

So instead of the usual diary entries being in italics, they are now bold italics.

Happy Reading!!!

ELENI

July 18th: I have been tossing and turning all night!

Dear... Diary?

I am writing to you from the comfort of my hammock in the loft of the old goats house. It's six o'clock in the morning. I have watched the sun fall for the night and rise for the day. I haven't slept a wink!

What a night I've had... there is more that I hadn't told you since I last wrote. All I can say was that it all felt like a dream. One that I didn't want to wake up from, like I was the viewer of some kind of romantic film. An out of body experience.

And then poof, I woke up when he...

"What are you writing about?"

A voice asks out of nowhere, following after the slam of the access hatch hitting against the wooden floorboards. Scaring the absolute shit out of me, squealing out of fright. I jump from the sudden sounds dropping both the pen and notebook I once held in my hands, the hammock swinging from the sudden movements.

"Oh!" I exclaim, as she begins entering the small square room, "You gave me a fright."

Placing my hand across my chest, I feel the fast pacing of a beating drum that is my small heart. I suck in a sharp breath, wide eyed, mouth falling open as my gaze meets multiple shades of colourful material being pushed through the small space of the door.

Huffs of breaths, a great struggle, make me sit up to lean over the knitting of the hammock as if the action would help me see better. Manicured hands poke through the fabric in small upward actions, grumbled swear words follow and then... my wide eyes finally meet the sheepish smile of Talia through an avalanche of colour. My dear friend offers a look of pure innocence, feigning a wince,  as she clambers into the small box room - with a great struggle. Being forced through the small window, the access hatch, were dozens of handmade dresses.

I worried for their safety.

Talia breathes a curl out of her face after great success, walking across the room with a confused look etched on her features, "I gave you a fright?"

"I just didn't expect you to be here is all." I mumble, shaking my head, a tired yawn leaving my lips simultaneously.

She pauses, the wheels turning in her head in search of an excuse, "I'm... always here at six a.m."

I give her a deadpan look that gets ignored as before I know it; Talia places the heaps of material, tulle, and unfinished stitches on the chair that sits in the corner of the room. Throwing all the fabrics over her head as if they were some form of a heavy load of laundry. I wince a little, sucking a sharp breath as the chair she chooses is almost on its last legs - splintering and cracks in the legs. However, I feel a sigh of relief once the dresses fall on top of the old furniture and it doesn't cause collapse. I swear that everything in this place is either broken or needs to be replaced.