Chapter Ten

As Steve speeds down the highway to the docks, Danny shouts at him for driving recklessly and trying to get him killed. Kris can't help but smile at the two fools in the front seat bickering.

Danny's phone begins to ring in his pocket, making him curse loudly.

"yeah?" He says as he picks up the phone, now very irritated. Kris wonders who could make Danny even more annoyed and angry than Steve at this point.

"Rachel. Rachel, don't start with me, I left you two messages telling you that you need to pick her up." Danny shouts, making Kris furrow her brows.

'Rachel must be his ex wife. Things definitely did not end well between them.' Kris concludes, then sits and listens to the conversation Danny is having with her out of curiosity.

"don't tell me you had a change of plans! You send a driver for her half of the time anyways!" Danny replies to his ex, who is clearly yelling at him too. Kris can't pick up what she is shouting at him, though.

"I can't! I can't do that right now, Rachel I'm a little busy at work." Danny says in a higher pitched voice, showing that he is really, really frustrated now.

"Please stop for a second, can you just do me one favour? Just tell Gra-" Danny takes a deep breath and calms himself down, and stops himself from yelling at his ex wife any more.

"just tell grace that Danno loves her, alright?" Danny sighs, and then hands up the phone.

Steve looks over Danny expectantly, hoping for a little bit of an explanation on something. Kris does the same. Danny scans the car and rolls his eyes.

"Okay!" he says in defeat, and then looks at both of the McGarrett siblings.

"When Gracie was three, she tried to say my name, and all that she could say was Danno. Will you two give it up now? That's it. All that came out was Danno." Danny says quickly, as he moves his hands aggressively, which Kris has already noted as one of his tells when he is very annoyed with someone or something.

"Wait, that's it?" Steve asks, grinning.

"That's actually really cute, Danno." Kris butts in, grinning too. Danny is not pleased.

"Shut up. Both of you. Only Gracie can call me that." Danny says to the twins, who just continue to grin.

Steve begins to bicker with Danny about how the name Danno is cute, and Kris just sits back and enjoys the show. By the looks of it, Steve and Danny's friendship and partnerships is going to be a funny one for everyone else to see. They already butt heads so much and clearly care for each other as friends, despite only meeting a day ago.

Steve quickly rounds a corner, sending the car into a bit of a drift, then stops.

"There it is. The Emma Karl. Get ready." Steve says, as he grabs his gun out if its holster and cocks it.

Kris does the same, and rolls down her window, already having a feeling that this is going to be one hell of a gunfight.

Danny looks over at the twins again, this time, with fear in his eyes. They both have a look of determination and something else he doesn't quite know how to describe which he has to admit, it terrifies him. Danny takes a deep breath and crosses his chest, hoping that he doesn't get killed in a gunfight today, then holds on for dear life as Steve absolutely guns it towards the ramp that boards the ship. Two men step out from behind a few of the shipping containers on the Emma Karl and begin to spray the car with bullets. Kris leans out the window and begins to shoot at them, and manages to hit them both before she has to throw herself back in the car to avoid getting slammed into a shipping container herself.