Chapter Eleven

When Danny and Kris arrive back at the palace a little while later, Kono and Chin are already there, talking in Chin's office. When they see Kris and Danny return, they come out and follow them to the conference room off to the left side of their headquarters, past the main room and gun storage by Kris and Steve's offices. Danny has a seat at the table and takes off his vest, breathing a sigh of relief. Kris takes off her vest and throws it on the table, then leans against the windowsill, and takes a deep breath herself.

"I need a beer." She mutters, apparently loud enough for Danny to hear and chuckle at.

"You and me both." Danny replies as he gently rubs his sore arm, which has stopped throbbing from yesterday's gunshot graze, finally.

Kris raises her eyebrows in reply, then Chin and Kono make their way into the conference room.

"where's the big kahuna?" Chin asks, wondering where Steve went.

"he got a little banged up, he's just getting patched up at kings right now. He'll be okay." Kris tells both Chin and Kono.

They nod. "And Hesse? Did you guys get him?" Kono asks.

Kris takes a second to think about her answer. "Yes and no. Steve and I took him down, but he landed in the water. The coast guard is currently searching for his body. I don't know if we will ever find it though." Kris explains.

Chin and Kono look at her with sympathy.

"there's no way he could survive a hit from both of you. I hope they find him soon, for your sake." Chin says reassuringly. Kris nods, thanking him silently.

"How was the rest of the warehouse raid? Did everything turn out okay?" Danny asks.

Chin and Kono nod, then tell them that everything went well, and that Duke and HPD took over the arrest of Sang Min and made sure all of the immigrants were looked after properly. Kris thanks them for doing a good job, and pulls out her phone to see if Steve has sent her an update.

'on my way back now, all patched up. See you in a bit.' Steve says. Kris shoots back an 'okay' and puts her phone back in her pocket.

"You guys have dinner plans?" She asks Chin, Kono and Danny. They all shake their heads.

"great. Dinner is on us. What's good around here? I'm a little rusty." Kris asks.

Chin ends up ordering some Chinese food for everyone, saying that he knows a really good place downtown. Kris thanks him, then steps out of the room for a brief call from the governor.

The governor just warns her that people will be coming in and out bringing more furniture for the rest of their space, including bunk beds for an emergency crash pad, and equipment for their own gym, which will all be on their floor. The governor also lets her know that there will be new security systems added within the next week or so, then bids Kris adieu, reminds her of their meeting tomorrow morning, and ends the call.

Kris then shoots Steve a quick text to pick up some beer on his way home, and heads back into the conference room.

"well guys, looks like we're getting spoiled." Kris begins.

They all turn to look at their new boss, urging her to continue. "that was the governor. She told me that were getting our own gym and bunk room, too." Kris tells her team, who all like the idea of having their own gym and bunk room.

"So, what are we going to do for training?" Kono asks.

"well, definitely some fitness tests to make sure everyone is okay once were all healed up. I mentioned to Danny earlier that Steve and I want to make sure that you guys are all feeling as safe as possible, so we might do some SWAT training to make sure that we are all on the same page about raids and pursuits. You guys are probably all well versed on it, but Steve and I probably do things differently." Kris explains. "We are going to meet with the governor tomorrow to clarify everything." Kris reassures them. She then hands out her phone number to everyone, just to make sure that they all have it, then heads out to pick up dinner, telling everyone to go and make themselves at home in the office.