Chapter 1: Rescued

Summary: You're on the run from your past, speeding down the interstate in the rain, when an animal crosses in front of you. You slam on the brakes to avoid the animal and your car hydroplanes. The car crashes and you're ejected through the windshield. A stranger happens upon the scene and calls the ambulance. He wakes you up and keeps you still until the ambulance arrives, introducing himself as Dean. He's a local mechanic, and there's just something about him that makes you feel safe. Where will this accident take the two of you? Read on to find out!

Warnings: Graphic Content (blood, gore), Car Accident, Angst (kinda)

*Each chapter will be marked with individual warnings

Word Count: 3,410

Gif Credit: Jensen Ackles & Dean Winchester (Tumblr)

Divider Credit:

Bingo Square Filled: Mechanic!Dean

A/N: Second series! I'm so excited to share this with you! I'll post as frequently as I can! Buckle up because here we go!

Chapter 1: Rescued

Gritty sandpaper rubbing the inside of your eyelids, that's how it felt to have your contacts in, going into your twentieth hour on the road. You had cried your eyes dry hours ago, but you knew if you drank more water, you'd only start crying all over again. You still had no idea where you were going, or when you would stop. And to top it off, the sky had opened up with sheets of rain and flashes of lightning, the wind threatening to blow you off the road you could barely see through your windshield. But that wasn't going to stop you, not today. All you knew was that behind the wheel of your car, keeping in constant motion, was the only way you felt safe again. You had been speeding down this same stretch of abandoned interstate for a while now, and your car dinged for gas once again.

You hated stopping to fill up. Filling up meant you were in one place for a little too long. Time for him to catch up. Memories of shattering glasses as they hit the wall, the sound of fist connecting with flesh over and over again, and his booming screams echoed through your mind, causing you to shiver. You tried to shake them away, wrapping one arm around your ribs to soothe the aching bruises beneath your baggy sweatshirt. You watched the side of the road, squinting your eyes through the water running down the windows to look for a sign that would tell you how far to the next station. In the dark of the stormy night sky, you finally managed to see a green sign illuminated by your headlights. Your eyes strained as you tried to read it, so you decided to wait until you were a little closer. Lawrence Kansas 1.5 miles: Gas, Food, Grocery

You breathed a sigh of relief and turned your attention back to the road just in time to see a furry shape dart in front of your car. Your hands tightened around the wheel as you slammed on the brakes, trying to avoid what you assumed was a deer, but you weren't going to stop soon enough. As the brakes pressed down so suddenly, your car hydroplaned, skimming across the surface of the water logged asphalt. You swerved left, then right, your stomach dropping as you tried to regain control to no avail. In one last ditch attempt to regain traction, you pumped the gas and jerked your wheel to the right as hard as you could. It didn't work.

The pressing of the gas only accelerated the rate you were flying off the road and into the guard rails. Sparks flew as your car ground against them, until finally your car slammed to a stop against a concrete guard support. You heard the crunch of the front end of your car against the concrete, and in that same instant, you felt suddenly weightless as your momentum carried you forward. You heard the cracking of the glass as you flew through it, then felt the cool rain as it poured onto your skin. It was like you were watching your body from above as it floated over the hood of the car and slid onto the road ahead, skin scraping against the wet tar. Then you were back in your own body, laying on the road.