Chapter 12: Fixed Up

Summary: Last we left off, Dean and Y/N had just gotten home after surviving Oliver's attack. They were met by an adorable WELCOME HOME banner and some sweets made by their friends, and they began to settle into a new, safer life as a family. This chapter picks up one week after we left off, and follows our characters through some very important milestones in their life together!

Trigger Warnings: Death, Funeral, Threat of Violence, Oliver's a Dick (even from the grave), FLUFF!!!

A/N: THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER GUYS! I MAY EVENTUALLY DO AN EPILOGUE, BUT I REALLY LOVE WHERE THIS ENDED SO WE WILL HAVE TO SEE! Writing this AU has been a wild ride! I never thought when I started it that it would turn into this long of a story, let alone one with as much support and love shown! I am SO SO SO grateful to all of you for your encouragement, patience, and love along the way! I couldn't have done this without you! GO AND READ ON FRIENDS! I'LL HAVE SOMETHING NEW FOR YOU IN THE NEAR FUTURE!

Divider Credit:

Gif Credits: epicmishamigo (Wattpad) - top gif

unnamed (Google) - bottom gif

Chapter 12: Fixed Up

(One Week Later)

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Dean asked for like the seventie-hundreth time as we drove down the interstate.

"No, but I feel like I have to." You shrugged.

"I'm sure his mom would understand if you didn't want to come..." He shifted uncomfortably in the driver's seat. "She does know about how it all went down, right?"

"You mean how her son died?" You snapped, then took a deep breath. "Sorry, hormones. Yes. She knows how he was trying to kill us. She's apologized to me through text nearly every day since. It's just...I was married to him, Dean. Whether or not he was a shitty husband, I would still feel awful if I didn't attend Oliver's funeral. He was a good man once, and that's the man I feel like I need to lay to rest today. Does that make sense?"

Dean nodded, wincing at the word 'husband'. You reached out and grabbed his hand off the gearshift, lacing your fingers through his.

"Thank you for understanding. And thank you for coming with me. I couldn't do this without you."

"I'll always be here for you, Tiger." He smiled and peeled his eyes off the road for just a moment, pursing his lips as he waited for a kiss.

You leaned across the center console and planted one on him. "Always my hero."

"And don't you ever forget it." He shot you a cocky wink and put his eyes back on the road again.

The nervous pit settled in your stomach as you saw the giant sign. The city you had once left behind in fear of Oliver, you now returned willingly...to finally lay him - and the past- to rest once and for all.