3.)

↣ Waking up in the morning is grueling especially knowing I'm going to have to put on the uniform I hate when I get there. It's thought it would be a normal Sunday until I look down at the beach and see a surfing event going on. My eyes look at the ground when I see all the people cheering for the surfers. I pick up my fallen ego and slump my arms out in front of me. I turn the corner walking to my job.

I'm thankful I can make money but putting on the hideous uniform makes me question my standards. One thing I know about today is that surfers from all over walk into the restaurant when there are events. I felt like I had a lot of confrontation last night so I try to keep my head down. I was exhausted from the drama. Kai tried to provoke me and I totally fell for it. I felt so stupid but at the same time when I went psycho and knocked him over seeing that look on his face was satisfying. I contain myself trying not to laugh about how funny it was.

Jack tells me to please start serving because the only one serving right now is Jessica. More like Jessica Rabbit, she always has her bowling shirt buttons unbuttoned to reveal her push-up bra. Jessica always tries to talk in a sexy voice. Key word tries, she just sounds forced. This is Jack's Crab Shack not Hooters but hey live your best life girl. I walk over to the group of people at the table and try to put on my best waitress voice to rack in those tips.

"Hi welcome to Jack's Crab Shack, may I take your order?" I smile sweetly to the crowd.

A pair of dark blue orbs focus on me narrowing down. and I hear a chuckle.

I look up shocked staring at the people sitting down in front of me. It's the guys from last night including the dumb one I pushed in the sand. The girl's are different except one of them stayed from last night. The girl that stayed had an intense look on her face like she lived from adrenaline. She looked like she had some Asian decent like my cousin on my mom's side. She had dark electric blue hair that was put into two small space buns. Her baby hairs perfectly framed her face along with her parted lips that were in a crimson color. Her face also carried a very subtle layout of freckles across the bridge of her nose. When she turned her head I could see her sharp eyeliner that glides across her eye. She was staring me down along with the other shocked ones.

I'm taken aback and I just narrow my eyes at Kai until he orders. I know they probably have the ability to get me to lose this job but I don't care my dignity is worth more at this point.

"Loving Lobster platter for all of us please." He says smiling at me with his hands folded.

"Coming right up." I force the most fake smile I've ever put on my face. I want to scream at this man.

I try to get out of there quick and my foot tenses up. I fall on the ground and clench my foot in pain. At this point I'm closer to the kitchen then I am to Kai and his loyal followers. I bite my lip as I can feel my foot throb this is insufferable. I try not to yell out and bring attention to myself so tears are just streaming down my face. Good thing I picked up Waterproof mascara last night. Jessica laughs at me with another coworker from across the room she doesn't think I can see her. Maybe she does and just doesn't care. I try to get myself back up on my feet and my shaky leg can't get me up. Kai starts walking over to me and I just lay my head down towards my chest.

"Let me help you." I don't get to read his facial expression since I'm not looking at him but his cocky tone is gone. He actually sounds concerned.

"Last person I ever want helping me is you. Go away." I plead with him, I'm still shameful from the tears that stain my cheeks.

"You are struggling." I hear him putting his stuff down. He leans down to me and I look up.

He holds out his hand and I reluctantly take it clasping my hand interlocking with his fingers.

When I stand up I slide my forearm across my face wiping my tears.

"Are you okay?" He says putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Yeah I'm fine.. Thanks.." I mumble out, I can't believe I have to thank him.

When he is out of sight I limp to the kitchen and grab some ice from the freezer. I put it in a ziplock bag and paper towels wrapping it around my swollen leg. As pissed off as I was last night a part of me was thankful for his kindness.

____________________________________

Kai Kersey

↣   I wonder what that was all about I hope she's okay. Why would Malia just fall like that? It didn't make sense. One thing I knew if I didn't want to see her cry like that again it pained my heart. All day I was thinking about last night. Did I provoke her? Yeah I did.. I was honestly upset when she dropped out I didn't know if it was because it was me or what.

I also wouldn't stop hearing it from my dad about how I need to be the best surfer and beat everyone here or he will send me back to Australia with my uncle. He is a live through your kid kind of dad. I love how he supports me but sometimes it's too much. When really thinking over everything one thing I liked was the fact that she pushed me over. Don't get me wrong when she came at me she almost scared the shit out of me she looked absolutely crazy. But it was a nice change to the normal suck ups.

My friends are talking to me at the table and they are asking me what happened I keep it a short description skipping over most of the facts. Don't really think she wanted anyone to know she fell she looked pretty embarrassed. When I expect Malia to walk back as our waitress I see another woman filling in for her with her chest out. She starts flirting with me and I sit there pretty uncomfortable I just thank her for the food and move on. The girl next to me is holding on my arm and leaning all on me. I'm not sure why I feel like girls are disposable. I know this is a messed up thing but I've never really been in love usually they stay on me for a bit. It doesn't work out anymore we break up they cry and move on to the next guy.

After leaving the restaurant I started thinking harder. Although the girl pushed me, threw stuff at me. Kicked sand in my face, and flipped me off. There was still something about her that made me laugh, she was intriguing, I wanted to get to know her better. If she's not surfing right now how can I get to know her? I guess I'll keep stopping at the restaurant and see her at school.