4x15 - Girls (and Boys) on Film

It was a new week and we were all sitting in the choir room, while Mr. Schue wrote on the board movies.

"Everybody loves movies. They don't just tell stories...they transport us to other worlds. They are inspirational. They provide comfort, and they help us escape from our day-to-day anxieties." Mr. Schue tells us.

"Like getting left at the altar?" Kitty asks.

"Too soon." Ryder mumbles.

"Exactly. Or in your guys' case, studying for exams or... worrying about regionals. In any case, for this week's assignment, I want you to pick your favorite songs from your favorite movies." Mr. Schue adds and we all cheer.

"Unique knows all there is to know about The Crying Game." Unique comments.

"You don't get dibs on Les Mis just because you are the poster." Kitty mentions.

"Finally I can do my Nicolas Cage impression. 'Oh, not the bees! No! The bees! No!'" Sam exclaims.

"That is the worst Nicolas Cage impression I've ever seen." Kitty comments.

"Do you even know who Nicolas Cage is?" Leo asks.

"Okay, it's not that simple, guys. This is a group competition...boys against girls and we are doing mash-ups. Now remember, movies are visual. So it's not just about the singing... it's about...performance, it's about theatricality, it's about the language of cinema." Mr. Schue explains.

"Preach. And as I move into production on my first micro-budget feature...I'm happy to offer starring roles to whichever team wins. No trailers, no per diem." Artie adds.

"Great. Okay. Well, everyone split up and start working on your song choices." Mr. Schue says.

All of us girls then start discussing what to do for our mashup. The bell rung and we all got up to leave when Leo came up to me.

" Hey, Liz can I show you something?' Leo asks.

"Sure," I respond.

He then pulls out his phone and shows me a video of me singing favorite crime a song I wrote a few months ago.

"A recording of me singing a sad love song?" I ask.

"Look at the views." He mentions.

I look to see 500k views and my jaw drops.

"What...how?" I ask surprised.

"They love you and your songs. They want more." Leo mentions.

"Thank you so much Leo. Normally I would be upset if someone posted a video of me singing one my sad songs but you knew what you were doing." I tell him.

"No problem. I just saw how much potienal you have so I decided to try and get out there." Leo says.

I then pull him into a hug and we both laugh.

"If I become big in the future, I'll make sure to tell the world about you." I comment and he laughs.

~~~~~~~

The next day Marley, Sam, Leo, Tina, and I were talking at our lockers when Brittany and Blaine came up to us.

"Guys, Brittany and I were just talking..." Blaine mentions.

"And we agree that though we love that it's mash-up week and that it's girls versus boys..." Brittany says.

"It sucks that the guys and the girls can't do a number together, so we were thinking, just as a warm-up, we should do the guys versus girls in the same number, to kick things off." Blaine adds.