4x19 - Sweet Dreams

It was the week after the shooting and a lot had gone down. Sue had apparently brought the gun to school and had accidentally dropped it causing it to go off twice. So she was no longer the cheer coach at McKinley, which means that Coach Roz is our new cheer coach.

Brittany, Tina, and were standing in the hallway talking about how MIT found out about her test scores.

"They really want me to study string theory, but I'm not all that interested in arts and crafts." Britt says.

"Isn't M.I.T in Europe? That would suck." Tina comments.

"I think it's actually in Massachusetts." I correct.

"Hey, Tina. Are you trying out a new look?" Marley asks walking up to us.

"It's called steampunk. It's the next big thing." Tina responds.

"Oh. God, I love it." Marley comments.

"Oh, hey there. You must, uh, be Marley." Evan greets walking up to us.

"Hi, Sam." Marley greets.

"That's not Sam. That's Sam's smarter twin brother, Evan." Brittany corrects.

"Evan Evans. What a pleasure to meet you. Oh. Phone's ringing. Oh, it's my brother. Oh, hey, Sam, I was actually just looking for you..." Evan says walking away.

"So have you guys heard who's taking over the Cheerios!?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's insane. And it made me realize I have no idea whether I'm on the Cheerios! Or not. Like, literally can't remember." Tina mentions.

"Hey, guys. Have you seen Evan?" Sam asks walking up to us.

"You just missed him. He went that way." Brittany responds.

 Sam groans and walks away. We all then walk into the choir room and take a seat. Mr. Schue then walks in holding his phone.

"Big news, guys. I just got a direct tweet from the Greater Midwest Regional. High School Show Choir Board of Directors. The theme for this year's regionals is..." Mr. Schue announces.

"Sweaters." Brittany comments.

"...dreams." Mr. Schue adds.

"Close." I say to Britt.

"As you know, some of the past judges we've had haven't been that bright, or that sober, so our best bet is to take the dream theme literally. We'll start out with 'Dream Weaver'  and then we'll segue into 'Sweet Dreams'  and we'll bring it home with 'You Make My Dreams Come True.'" Mr. Schue tells us.

We all cheer except for Marley who seems upset.

"Marley, you're frowning." Mr. Schue mentions.

"No. I just don't know any of those songs." Marley says.

"Well, you'll know them soon enough because we're learning them today." Mr. Schue tells her.

"Maybe...could we try some original songs, like you did two years ago?" Marley suggests.

"Yeah, my twin brother Sam told me you guys totally crushed regionals two years ago with those sweet tunes." Evan comments.

"Well, S... um, Evan, that was a different time and a different team." Mr. Schue says.

"Mr. Schue, could we at least talk about the set list? I mean, when Finn was here, we got to help..." Marley mentions.

"Do I have to remind you guys how lucky we are to even be at regionals? We're there on a technicality, which means there's absolutely no room for even the smallest of mistakes. Trust me. Anybody else have something they want to say? Great. Brad, warm 'em up." Mr. Schue tells us.