hard for me to let you go (mark x m! reader)

(a/n: hello beautiful people, i wanted to come on here and say that i'm back. recently, my life has been really eventful, but not in a good way. i've seen and been through a lot in my life and i've taken a long break for myself. i just wanted to say that i'm back and that i don't plan on quitting anytime soon. <3)

[mark's pov]

"hey man, did you hear about that fight at the party last night?" tyler asked, sitting down in his chair next to me.

"no, who was fighting?" i asked, turning to face him.

"i heard jackson beat the fuck out of brett, knocked one of his teeth out i think. now his mom is trying to press charges."

"god damn." i chuckled. "is that why brett isn't at school today?" tyler nodded.

"alright class, settle down." mrs. smith, our math teacher, walked in. "how was your guy's weekends?" she asked. no one answered.

"can mark fischbach please report to the guidance counselors office, i repeat, mark fischbach to the guidance counselors office, thank you." the intercom said. i looked over at tyler with a confused look and stood up, walking out of the classroom and down the hall.

[time skip]

"so it seems to me, mr. fischbach, that your grades have been slipping a lot recently. why is that?" the guidance counselor asked. i just shrugged, i didn't care about school, or grades, or academics.

"i've just... been tired lately." i lied, fumbling with my jacket zipper.

"well, i know you play football and in order for you to stay in football, your grades need to improve drastically. so i've gathered my most impressive star student that i know, and he'll be tutoring you every afternoon on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays in the cafeteria."

"what? no, i don't need tutored." i disagreed.

"you do mr. fischbach, and until your grades improve, that's where you'll be." she pressed a button on her speaker. "please send y/n in, thank you." i crossed my arms and looked back at the door. a small boy entered and his eyes met mine, he smiled. i looked away, pouting.

"mark, this is y/n. y/n, this is mark." the boy held his hand out and smiled down at me.

"hi, it's nice to meet you." i ignored his attempt at a handshake and turned away.

"you two will be spending a lot of time together, so you better make friends fast." the counselor said.

[time skip]
[y/ns pov]

"so, mrs. smith gave me your math schedule and it looks like her new lesson is the hardest. we can start right now and probably get three or four pages of homework done if you wa-"

"listen dude, i'm not an academic guy." mark interrupted. "and i'm not doing that work. how about you do my homework for me, and i get to play football again, see? it's a win-win situation."

"but what do i win?" i asked.

"knowledge." he shoved his math textbook in my hands.

"but mark, i have a perfect record. if someone finds out, i won't be able to get into my dream college."

"no ones gonna find out evan." mark said.

"my names y/n."

"right, no ones gonna find out. and besides, you're a nerd, you'll be fine." mark walked off, twirling his key ring on his finger.

"am i really a nerd?" i asked myself, looking down at his textbooks.