Don't test me

It's been a week since Thor interrupted us and stopped us from sharing our first kiss with each other. Me and Loki haven't really talked much since and it's been quite awkward between us. Whenever one of us is in a room and the other comes in we never talk, instead we just shoot a few glances at each other.

Steve just called us in for a meeting, him and Nat have been working on a training plan.

We're sitting around a table, Loki and I have a perfect sight of each other. I notice he has been looking at me for a while, so I give him a small smile. He just rolls his eyes.

"Y/N, you and Loki are training today. I want Loki to show you moves with knives" Steve informs me.

"I'm already pretty good with knives. Maybe I can show Loki some moves" I say as an answer to him rolling his eyes at me.

"Sure, but please don't kill each other" Nat says, noticing something was going on between Loki and I.

I had told Nat about the night he taught me about the stars and how he was being surprisingly nice to me.

"No promises" me and Loki say in unison, glaring at each other. The others just laugh awkwardly.

Steve dismisses us and everybody leaves. Before I am able to leave Nat grabs my arm.

"Are you okay, like both of you?" she asks confused. "Yes," I answered quickly. I knew she wanted to talk more but I left before she was able to.

Our training session was only in the afternoon so I decided to go to the library. And of course Loki was there.

I grab my book that I had been reading for the last couple of days and sit on the couch furthest from him.

After a few minutes, he puts his book away and grabs another one from my side of the room and sits next to me.

I moved away from him because I want to read my book on peace. He doesn't take the hint and moves closer to me.

I move away again and he moves closer. Again.

"Will you please stop, Loki? I'm trying to read" I say annoyed.

"What? I am distracting you?" he says in a cocky voice.

"Don't test me," I answered.

I move away from him again but he follows me. I stop moving away from him and let him win.

I shouldn't have done that. He smiles proudly because I gave up. Seconds later he puts his hand on my thigh and turns to me.

"Do you wanna finish what Thor interrupted?" he whispers and kisses behind my ear. I get shivers down my spine. As I feel his hand moving up my leg, I get up, put the book away and leave the room.

When I'm at the door I turn around to see his reaction, hoping he would be frustrated. I was wrong. He was smiling from ear to ear at the fact that he annoyed me.

I leave the library and go to my room to get ready for lunch.

I go to the dining room early, and slowly the rest of the avengers appear. As we begin to eat I notice the seat next to mine is empty and Loki isn't here yet.

"Can someone change seats with me please?" I ask, trying to move before Loki arrives.

"Are you trying to get away from me, darling?" he says entering the room. As he sits down he puts one of his hands on my shoulder forcing me lightly to sit down.

I sigh because I know he's going to try to do the same as he did last week. He did. He put his hand on my thigh.

This time I take his hand harshly and shove it away, leaving him confused at my sudden reaction. The others also notice it and everybody looks at us trying to understand what's happening.

When both of us calm down, Loki moves his foot closer to mine so they are touching. I finish my food and leave abruptly.

I'm at the end of the corridor when I hear Loki excuse himself and run after me.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asks.

"No you are pissing me off on purpose and you have been doing it for the entire day. I thought causing that scene at the table would make you understand that, but I guess not." I blurted out. I can see he is trying not to smile. But he fails. This causes me to smile with him and he starts laughing.

I walk away from him trying to control my smile. He follows me and grabs my arm lightly, still with a smile plastered on his face.