Chapter 4: Dinner with the McKinley's

I slowly got up from the floor and stumbled over to the shower to freshen up. The warm water caressed my tender skin and massaged at where my sores were developing. I washed with my coconut body wash and strawberry shampoo. Once I had gotten out of the shower, I limped into my walk-in closet. I chose a white long sleeves shirt that was loose on the arms but tight on my chest and my stomach. Then I turned to my skirt section, and I was about to choose a mid-thigh skirt with flowery print on it, but when I saw the bruises on my thighs I knew that was not going to happen. So I went for a dark peach maxi skirt and white sandals. (A/N the picture of her outfit is on the side/top)
"Venus?" I heard Phanessa whisper yell.
"Yeah?" I whispered back.

"Why are we whispering?" She smiled.

"Haha, I don't know," I laughed, " let's cover up these bruises now, shall we?"

"Okay," she giggled and skip, well as much as she could, into my bathroom.

#####

Nessa and I had carefully walked downstairs, so that no one could notice that we were late, but damn that creaky stair!

"Oh dears, you are here!" I heard my mother declare.

Everyone turned around and stared at us. I blushed and saw that Nessa had a tint of pink on her cheeks too.

My mother glided into the kitchen with Mr.McKinley getting a good view of her as- I mean butt. Mrs.McKinley noticed this and smacked him lightly on the arm.

I wouldn't blame him though. His wife was flat all around, I guess Ms.Phoebe's yoga class hasn't been helping her at all. She had lumps in all the wrong places.

"Hello, my name is Venus, thank you for coming," I greeted them.

"I am Julianne McKinley, but you can call me Juli, and this is Rob, my husband and that over there is my son, Cameron," she chirped.

Phanessa stood in the shadows like always and then followed behind the McKinleys into the dining room. The chandelier shine brighter than before, my heart warmed at the thought of having Grandpap's old chandelier here in the house.

My thoughts got interrupted with a cough that came from my mother, who had a tight smile on her face.

I sat down next to Phanessa, away from my father without looking him in the eye. I heard someone sit down next to me and saw Juli's son sit next to me. He winked and grinned at me.

Ew gross.

I smiled but I think it looked more like a cringe and then we began to serve the food.

"So you and Cameron are in the same grade," Juli stated looking at me while passing the mashed potatoes to her husband, who scooped a lot of mashed potatoes greedily.

"Ah, yes they are," my dad replied quickly, "you two should get to know each other,"

I blushed and stared at my green beans.

"How about I pick you up at 7, beautiful?" Cameron smirked while rubbing my arm, "As a date. Wear something..nice."

I was internally throwing up but tried my best not to let those emotions come to surface. I looked at my dad who had an icy stare at me and then I turned to Juli who had a smile so big that I was waiting for her lips to tear in half.

"Umm yeah sure," I managed to say.

His sweaty palm reached for mine but I swiftly reached for my utensils and saved myself from holding his nasty hands.

"OMG, I'm going to be a grandmother!" Juli screamed and clapped her hands.

I'm not going to be the mother of that child. Ha, not with this cocky asshole.

Juli's face fell and everyone turned to stare at me. I saw Phanessa trying not to laugh from the corner of my eye.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes, you did say that out loud!" I heard a pretty red Juli spit back, "such a pretty girl with a rude mouth. No one says that about my baby!!"

"Excuse us for a moment, Juli," my dad said through clenched teeth and grabbed a hold of my arm and dragged me into the living room. I stumbled after him and turned to give Phanessa a reassuring smile to her worried face.

"Are you trying to mess this up?" He harshly whispered.

I didn't answer him and looked down.

"Answer me, you bitch," he twisted my arm into an awkward position. I had to bite my lip to contain a scream.

"You are going on that date whether you like it or not, that's final," he sneered, twisting my arm some more then finally letting go.

I let out a small whimper of pain, then scurried off to the bathroom. I sat by the toilet.

"You're not doing this again, you're strong," I whispered to myself but my body didn't listen.

I took two of my fingers and shove them down my throat, emptying the contents that were in my stomach. Tears were streaming down my face as I repeated the process until I felt like everything had been removed.

"Vennie, you need to come out right now," I heard Phanessa whisper urgently.

When I heard her voice I quickly used mouthwash and then fixed my make up (I always keep a spare make up kit in every bathroom of the house), and composed my self.

I strutted out of that restroom with my head high and a full-blown fake smile.

Phanessa and I sat in our seats with everyone looking at us, each person had their own expressions.

"Pick me up at 7 sharp not a second later," I said.

Cameron's face twisted into a sick grin, "My pleasure, Venus Elizabeth."

He took my hand this time and lead me to the living room along with the rest of the guests and my family.

"Aww, so sweet," Julie cooed, look at our entwined hands forgetting about what had happened earlier.

Well, it was more like me trying to keep for going back to the restroom and repeating my process.

"Well we have to go, it's getting late," Mr.McKinley stated, he stood up looking like he was going to pop. The thing about him is that he is a heavy man, a very heavy. He probably is 2 times as much as everyone did. His dress shirt looked like it was about to rip and it had sweat stains under the armpits and on his upper back.

Who knew someone could sweat that much from sitting down and eating?

I hadn't noticed that Cameron had led me to the doorway until he placed his chapped lips on the tender skin of my cheek.

"Bye, darling," he smirked then said the rest of his goodbyes along with his family.

I scurried upstairs as quick as my short legs could go into my room and jumped out of my outfit. I changed into my cotton shorts and one of my brother's Black Veil Brides t-shirts which he thinks is 'lost'. I walked over to the balcony in my room and shivered as my feet touched the cold marble floor. The full moon was out, kissing my skin as it shone brightly giving me a nice view of the backyard. The autumn wind blew softly and whipped my hair all around. Moments like these were my favorite, they were my safe place.

I smiled at the moon, went back inside and dug into my cozy covers.

Why the hell is my life like this now?

____________

*drumroll* chapter 4 is finally here! So what do you think about everything that has happened so far? Hee hee a little bit of forced romance, I have some plans for them in the future *evil laugh* Anyways the picture on the side/top is the outfit that Venus wears to the dinner except for the purse. Who brings a purse inside of the own house to dinner? *confused face* AND NO THAT IS NOT HER IN THE PICTURE, IT IS ONLY THE OUTFIT THAT SHE WEARS. I'm still trying to find a person to be Venus, please comment your suggestions! And thank you for all the comments, votes and reads! :) *gets emotional* I've been through hell and back trying to get ideas for this book, you guys made the trip amazing. Okay, so please VOTE, COMMENT, AND EATING CHOCOLATE. Love you, nignogs :)

~Raine