Chapter 6: Blackmail

Recap:
"Were you the ones that embarrassed the daughter of the owner of this restaurant?" He questioned.

I nodded my head

"He was never a part of it, it was just me," I confessed, " a-and it's was an a-accident."

"Well since he was with you he IS a part of it." He answered and then roughly grabbed our arms and pulled us to a back room where the Escargot Lady was sobbing.

Chapter 6

Our heads turned to the sound of a door slamming and found a slim man with whitening hair approach the sobbing woman.

"Daddy, they embarrassed me," she sobbed clinging onto his silky tux. He patted her head and whispered soothing words while we stood there awkwardly. He suddenly turned to turn quickly which caused us to jump.

"You two out, I never want you to set foot in this restaurant again!" He yelled.

We scrambled over to the door with solemn faces and jumped into his car.

I burst out laughing like a hyena and he began to join with me until their were tears running down our rosy cheeks.

When we got to my house he opened the door politely for me and stepped out. We looked at each other then began laughing.

"Can you kids SHUT UP?!" we heard Joe, my grumpy neighbor yell from his window.

We ignored him and made it to my front porch and sat on the swinging chair.

"Who knew I would have so much fun on this 'date'?" I said still trying to catch my breath from the previous events.

"Yeah," he agreed.

He turned to me and grabbed my hand with both of his larger ones.

"I'm sorry for acting like such a douche the other night, there was no reason for it," he apologized with sincerity twinkling in his eyes.

"Friends? And JUST friends?" I asked him.

"Friends," he smiled, " I'll see you later, Ven."

"Bye Cam!"

I entered the house with a bright smile but it faded as soon as I saw Will and Phanessa looking at me with suspicious looks. I raised my eyebrows but ignored them as I skipped up to my bedroom. I slipped off my outfit and hopped into the shower singing 'Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?' From the top of my lungs.

I put in some cotton shorts and my brother's 'missing' AC DC shirt.

"So how'd it go?" Will said.

I jumped and knocked over my flat iron which was laying near the sink. It fell on top of my foot causing me to cry out in pain and I toppled onto Will who fell back into my room onto my sister.
The loud commotion caused my mother to rush into the room which caused her to trip over my school bag by the door and she fell onto the pile of Jones.
We all looked at each other and began to laugh with tears coming out of our eyes, even my mother.

"Okay, can you guys get off now?" Phanessa asked with a red face.

We all got off and just sat on the plush carpet in a comfortable silence with a shadow of smiles on our faces. The moment was ruined when we heard my father stumble into the house.

"Where is my dinner?!" He slurred.

My mother quickly turned solemn again and walked out of my room, to deal with my drunk father.

"You still have to tell us about your date!" Phanessa squealed and squeezed one of my pillows into her chest.

"Like totally we need all the deets!!" Will said in a girly voice.