Chapter 2.1

“And one of His signs is that He has created for you, spouses from among yourselves so that you might take comfort in them and He has placed between you, love and mercy. In this, there is surely evidence (of the truth) for the people who carefully think.” (30:21).[Quran]

"Ariaaaa…" she made a face when her name was called out for the upteenth time that morning...she was in the bathroom! Couldn't she realise it?

Quickly finishing her business she stepped out and clutched her wet hairs in a hair band, albeit she knew it wasn't a good idea considering her waist length thick hairs. She glanced at her bed and sighed seeing the garbage her room has become even though she was a cleanliness freak, but she doesn't even gets to enter her room whole day and when she comes here to sleep she feels so much tired that sleep overtakes her as soon as she puts her head on her pillow.

"Ji ammi?" Putting her powder blue cotton dupatta on her head she asked respectfully although this women deserved the opposite.

"Kitne der se chilla rahi thi mai kaha thi abhi tak?" She yelled in loud voice that even the people crossing their one storey house would have heard it.

"Ammi mai nahane gayi hui thi…" she fidgeted with her fingers looking down knowing what was coming next.

"Nahane gayi thi to nashta kon banayega? Huh? Nijaaz nikalta hi hoga ab college ke liye. Uske kaam kon karega?" She yelled at her or it was her way of talking to her cause she hadn't got anything instead of yelling from this women who was also her mother in law.

"Mai bas abhi kar leti hu. Ap fikar na kare…" she tried telling her but she cut her off rudely.

"Koi zarurat nahi hai! Shah sahab jalebi or samose le aye the hamare liye. Tum khud ka bandobast kar lo." Aria looked up shocked. Jalebi and Samose? Her favourite...and everyone ate without her? She felt hurt! At least she expected Nijaz to save her some of those...and if they had their breakfast at least she would have let her take a bath in peace.

A tear rolled down her cheeks and she wiped it away harshly stepping towards their small kitchen and starting her never ending chores.

"Bahuuuu!" Here she goes again!

"Ji Ammi?" 

"Upar chat par bohot dhul ho gayi hai...zara jaa kar dho lo...jab tak bolo nahi tab tak kuch kaam nahi hota…" Mrs. Shah said descending down the stairs.

"Lekin ammi abhi?" She asked unsurely cause it was past maghrib and it would be dark upstairs.

"Haa to or kya? Khana to pak gaya na? Jab lagana hoga mai awaz dedungi." She literally pushed her towards the stairs.

"Ariaaa!" She could sense warning in her Baba's voice.

"Baba karne de naa…" she literally whined.

"Bilkul nahi! Hath dekho kaise karak ho jaa rahe hai tumhare." Her Baba snatched the plate from her hands making her roll her eyes.

"Sirf char plates hai Baba!"

"Sirf Chaar nahi. Chaaaaaar plates hai!" He said exaggerating a little making her laugh. 

"Ariaaa?" Her thoughts broke when Nijaz called her from the terrace door. "Ammi bula rahi hai niche." And when she thought he came for her, for checking up on her, for looking at her after the hectic day...he crumbled her hopes in ashes. Nodding her head, not meeting his eyes she went pass him.

××××××××××

She literally fell on her side of bed as soon as she entered making Nijaaz startle for once.