Chapter 3.2

When she came back to visit Shifa, she was sitting with her baby girl in her arms while her husband sat on the chair beside the bed.

"Assalamualaikum Bhai. Congratulations." She smiled at him earning one in return.

"Waleakumassalam. Apka bohot ehsan mand hu. Shifa ne bataya apne kaise usse handle kiya." He smiled back gratefully.

"Aree koi nah...it was my duty. Or Shifa to meri choti si pyari si behen hai..." she pinched her nose saying and laughed when she scrunched up the nose looking down at the little bundle of happiness.

"Ye kitni pyari hai!" She exclaimed pinching the little one's nose ligthly just like Shifa's. "Bilkul Shifa jaisi hai." Carefully easing out the baby from her mother's arms she handled her carefully, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Beti bohot badi rehmat hai Shifa. Kabhi bhi iska dil na dukhana. Allah isse ap dono ki aankhon ki thandak banaye." Rida said in a trance still looking down at her with a teary voice and an unreadable expression on her face.

Just than someone cleared his throat startling her. She glanced back at Riyaz, who had some medicines and sweet in his hands.

"Haaayeeee Shifaaaa..." Riyaz was still looking at her when he was pushed aside by his sister making him barely control himself from falling and in came Zehna squelling loudly.

"Khaala sadqe, Khaala ki jaan." She took or practically snatched carefully the baby from Rida's hands and gushed over her features. "Ya Allah! Puri apni Khala par gayi hai." She exclaimed loudly.

"Ji nahi! Meri biwi par gayi hai." Yasir said possessively, like she was snatching his girl from him.

"Nahi mujh par gayi hai!" Zehna said stubbornly.

"Nahi."
"Ha."
"Nahi."
"Ha."
"Nahi. Nahi. Nahi."
"Ha. Ha. Ha."

"Ya Allah! Rida Api ye dono ko dafa kare yaha se." Shifa said holding her head at their useless banter and they went silent still glaring at each other.

"Aapi Zaman Bhai nahi aye?" Shifa asked wanting to change the topic as quickly as possible.

"Aye the. Ammi Abba ko chodne gaye hai. Cab nahi mil rahi thi." She nodded at her answer.

"Umm...mai bhi nikalti hu. Subah chakkar lagaungi In sha allah." Rida kissed Shifa's forehead and was about to turn to go when she held her hand.

"Apni bhanji ko naam nahi dengi?" She asked when she looked at her questioningly.

Rida's face went void of any colour and she freezed at her place. "Mai?" She could only whispered when Zehna came towards her and handed the baby in her trembling hands.

Rida looked at Shifa and than at Zehna in assurance and they smiled back. Her gaze went to Riyaz standing behind Zehna who nodded in assurance. She finally let her gaze fall at the cute bundle in her hand as her tears too escaped her eyes.

"Zanya." Rida kissed her forehead as her tears penetrated in Zanya's hairs. "Zanya Yasir." Just then Zanya opened her eyes and looked at her back as if telling her she liked the name Rida chosed for her.

××××××××××

Her Mamu's family was like a place where she could forget her misery for a while. The love between them, the bonding and respect they had for each other was beyond anything. And she would be lying if she said that she doesn't feel jealous of them sometimes and doesn't crave for same love!

Wasn't this the sole reason for her to fall for certain someone?

Here, sitting beside that certain someone she was thinking how different their lives were. Almost poles apart! And somewhere she was glad that he himself denied for the proposal, cause she knew she has some irremovable flaws and he and his family was just perfect.