Chapter 1.3

He will meet you today! Was all Riyaz messaged her. Not any location, neither any name. And when she enquired about it, he told her she will know herself. And she was cursing herself for agreeing.

She was now sitting on the stage of the auditorium, where she was introduced just a while ago and now they were waiting for University's chairman to arrive.

"Welcoming the chairman of Seacoast University, whose journey from middle class to elite one has become one of the most talked story, who have been an inspiration to today's youngsters with his unbelievable achievements in Business world at such a young age, the CEO of Suleman Enterprises and Seacoast University, Mr. Zamaan Suleman." The HR of the University said enthusiastically, applausing at the end followed by the audience.

Before Zehna could process the things, the huge door of auditorium opened while everyone stood up in respect, and he entered in all his glory. Grey and black suit suiting his personality like the colour was made just for him. Silver watch shining on his wrist...his black shoes had it own tapping sound in the hall full of enthusiastic shrieks!

She was so lost in ogling him, that she didn't even realised that he reached the stage. Muttering 'Astagfirullah' she looked away as he replace HR behind the microphone.

"Assalamualaikum ladies and gentlemen!" His gruff voice send a wave of chill down her spine. Was he the one Riyaz was talking about? No...no...he couldn't be...shaking her absurd thoughts she concentrated on his words.

××××××××××

After the function, she was on her way to her car when Zamaan called out to her.

"Ummm...Riyaz must have talked to you about the proposal?" He asked scratching his eyebrow nervously.

"So it was you?" Zehna was shocked.

"Umm yeah...so? Wanna grab a cup of coffee while we talk?" He trailed off, scared of her reaction.

"I don't think so. I am not interested in this marriage thing." His smile faded instantly hearing her blunt reply.

"B...but...why?" He composed himself after the straight rejection. "Atleast I deserve an explanation?"

"I don't think so. You proposed. I rejected. End of the discussion." Saying bluntly she sat in the car and drove off, leaving him behind lost in his thoughts.

Her harsh tone, blunt reply, peircing gaze, furious eyes...everything playing back again and again. Never ever he was rejected like he had now! Well! Everything had its first time!

Lost in his thoughts, he began driving aimlessly around the city when his phone rang. It was Riyaz!

"Kya kaha usne? Baat hui tum dono ki?" He asked excitedly. Only if you knew Riyaz! Only if!

"Baat nahi hui." Zamaan said casually.

"Lekin kyu?" Riyaz abruptly sat straight.

"Usne pehle hi reject kar diya." He said with a scoff...reality once again seeping in his whole system.

"Tu...tu kaha hai abhi? Ruk mai baat karta..." Riyaz was easily able to identify the coldness behind his voice.

"Koi zarurat nahi hai. I am fine." Saying he cut the call, throwing it on the passenger sit. His teeth greeted, fist enclosed tightly on the steering wheel...he kept on driving until he was sure he won't damage anyone if stopped!

××××××××××

"Tumne wada kiya tha!" Zehna startled and left the book in her hand on the floor due to flinching. Riyaz was raging like a lion.