Chapter 4

Buck makes his way through the hospital heading towards the exit and a most likely pissed-off Athena. He knew she would know where he had been but Buck couldn't care less he wanted to help a family and he was going to. Sliding the phone into his pocket as he exited the building he felt a bit bad for the way he spoke on the phone but to be honest they had it coming and helping him with something is the least they can do.

As he walks through the car park he spots Athena's car and the intense look that only Athena can do which made Buck shrink, it was the one she gave him when she was going give him a talking to, with a sigh, he opens the car door and takes a seat closing the door.

"Before you say anything..." Buck starts.

"Seatbelt. Now." She commands, Buck pulls the belt across and clicks it into place.

"Look, I'm sorry I went up but I'm glad I did. They need help and no one will give it to them." Buck explains as Athena pulls off.

"Buck, you know the rules, you saved him therefore you are professionally obligated to stay away. You of all people know how messy things like this can get! Or do I need to say his name to make it hit home?" Athena states and that's the last thing Buck wanted.

"I know, it's just..."

"You are too kind and have a big heart and that's what we love about you, but the last thing I need and everyone else is for you to be getting in trouble."

"It's a stupid rule, I mean Eddie is fully aware and even said I wasn't overstepping, so I can't see why I can't do it."

Buck grips the dash as Athena swerves and pulls up on the pavement.

"Now you listen here, stop wallowing in the self-pity you have going on. I get that you want to help but let's face it we both know it's so you stop focusing on sorting yourself out, so I will take you home, and then you will start packing up what things you have in that place. I know you have viewings for some places so the sooner you move the sooner you can move on." She states and Buck looks at her, everyone is telling him he needs to move on but when he tries to they shoot him down.

"You know what? I don't need this. I tried to explain what I wanted to but everyone played the 'Oh, you're only thinking of traveling because of Alex'. Well, I wanted to travel again before him, it's not my fault if everyone wants to leave me behind. So thanks for that I'll walk from here. I can't be dealing with the BS you and everyone else is spouting at me." Buck states unclipping the belt and climbing out of the car walking down the street and turning down an alley he knew Athena couldn't follow.

As he walks down the alley he grabs his phone sending a quick text.

'Meet me at Alex's place, anytime after 6 is fine.'

Once the text is sent he turns off his phone and continues to walk thinking about what just happened and the fact he may have been a little harsh on Athena, but he was just fed up with everyone telling him that what he wanted to do was based on what Alex had done, and not for himself.

Walking through the alley he reappears on the other side of the block and looks round to take in his surroundings and to figure out where he was and where he wanted to go. Noticing the sign for the beach he turns that way and makes his way down the street towards the beach.

The long street leading to the beach was filled with shops and some little cafes, as Buck walked past them he realized he had never been down this part of town before, mainly as he lived on the other side of town so to get to the beach was a different route, but walking it now made him think how much of LA had he seen.

Noting the smell of the sea as he nears the end of the street and the beach coming in to view he enters a coffee shop to get a drink, stood in the line he looked at the menu trying to figure out what he fancied but some of the items reminded him of Alex. shrugging the thoughts away as the barista calls him forward he orders an iced latte and a brownie and a large bag. Food and drink in hand he makes his way to the beach as he approaches the sand he stops placing the drink and bagged food on the side as he takes his trainers and socks off with great difficulty considering he's pretty much handed, once he rolls his trousers up he places his trainers and socks in the bag and picks his drink and food and strolls across the beach.