Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

"Buck, I will help all I can, you know that," Carla states as she takes a seat.

"Good. You see, the other day I spoke to this person I saved, well, they got hurt..." he stops seeing the way Carla is looking at him so he lets a huff out. "I know what you're thinking, it's nothing like that, he got hurt and then I cut my hand saving him so Bobby made me go to the hospital, and when I was there in the waiting room the guy's son saw me and invited me up to see his colouring books. And I found some stuff. I think he/they need a lot of help, but the system is full of red tapes, you know that better than anyone. And really, you're the only one I can ask to help me on this. So can you?"

" I can certainly see what I can do. Pass along my contact information, or introduce me to your new friend, so they can tell me what exactly they need." She asks and Buck knew this was her way of trying to get back on his good side.

"I can introduce you tomorrow, I'm off, I'll be moving out of here soon too. I get why you did what you did but it still hurts. I trusted you and you knew."

"I get it I hurt you and lost your trust, but I was put in a position I didn't want to be in. I knew Alex well before I knew you, So I felt like my loyalties should lie with him, but I did tell him to talk to you before he did anything. He didn't listen,I'm sorry."

Listening to her Buck can understand the position Carla has been in but it still hurts.

"Look Carla, I get it you knew Alex well before I came on to the scene but I just thought after all our talks while Alex was on shift you would have said something instead of listening to me go on what I had planned for our travels," Buck states moving to sit near Carla. He couldn't stay mad at her no matter how hard he tried.

" Yes, you're right. I should have said something when I realized that Alex wasn't going to say anything to you, and you were still talking about your travel plans. I am truly sorry, and I do want to make it up to you, any way I can. Have you heard from Alex?" the question stung but he knew Carla had spent so many nights talking and would understand better than most at the station.

"No not for a while it seems he is ghosting me now but also I saw a post on social media that looked like a romantic setup. Guess he has someone new to love now." Buck shrugged but the look on Carla's face looked angry.

"You're joking,he posted that?" Carla states and buck watches as she pulls out her phone and scrolls "that fool, i'm sorry buck i didn't know as soon as he went he cut all contact i haven't heard off him, we fell out as he was packing the last of his things because i was questioning why he hasn't told you, he left and i was gonna tell you but then you had already taken him to the airport and you messaged saying you couldn't believe that i kept it from you and not to contact you so i respected that." Carla states and tears can be seen, Buck felt sort of bad but this was a conversation that needed to happen.

"I'm sorry Carla,I didn't know I should have spoken to you and got your side, I'm sorry too, I was just pissed everyone was using me as a doormat. How about a clean slate, I mean I could do with some sp myself, I have some places to view and need your honest opinion. I can't have my sister go with me, it's all too raw with her."

"Sister??"

Buck looks and realises Carla didn't know about Maddie being back, he makes his way round the kitchen and makes a coffee for them both and explains everything that's happened with him and his sister along with the fact she is with the 118.

"Sounds like you both have some things to deal with, but at least you have your sister back in your life, surely that's a better situation for you?." Buck understood the question and if he was honest all he saw at the start was his sister moving in to take his place but now speaking it through with Carla he can see having Maddie round would be great for him once they sorted their shit out.