2・loyalty

・2nd pov

"A colony of ants," you mumbled, squatting down as you watched the series of insects crawling in one line, "Will be big enough to make a whole kingdom of ants, that will fight for the queen ant— and swear loyalty to it forever

"A colony of ants," you mumbled, squatting down as you watched the series of insects crawling in one line, "Will be big enough to make a whole kingdom of ants, that will fight for the queen ant— and swear loyalty to it forever."

Days passed and you still had no idea where you were— I mean, you did but you just didn't know what anime you were in.

You weren't ever a fan of anime from the start, just a person who had known people who were kinda obsessed with it, so it would be a lie if you said you didn't understand any anime references in your lifetime.

For now, all you wanted was to live your life to the fullest. Be a kid and have the childhood you were never given in your past life.

That's a good enough goal if you ask me.

"I wonder if I can be one of those ants one day," a new voice interrupted, causing you to whip your head back.

There you faced a boy more older than you who wore clothes seemingly belonging as a uniform, a raven pompadour, and most importantly— eyes that swallowed any devoid of emotions.

I wonder if my eyes are going to look like that any time soon...

"But I guess I am already," he smiled sheepishly, running his gelled hair through his fingers.

You only ever looked at him unenthusiastically, wondering why a weirdo like him of all people would be the first to notice you— knowing that you usually had a lack of presence.

"No answer, hu—?"

"Weird-o," you pronounced, emphasizing the 'o'.

"Ehhh? Me?" He pouted, pointing to himself, "But I'm no weirdo."

"Weirdoooo."

A bead of sweat rolled down the teenager's forehead in an indication of embarrassment, "Am I really that weird?"

You sent him a short nod and glanced back at the trail of ants that was marching down one hole to another, causing the older boy next to you to shift in awkwardness.

"Your bluntness kinda reminds me of my younger sister," he continued on, "She's around your age, the two of you might get along if you ever met."

"Is this a new technique people use to kidnap children?"

"W- What!? No way, I didn't mean it like that!" He waved his hands quickly in denial, "I was just wondering why a little kid like you is doing out here all alone, y'know?"