The Article

A/N - Hey guys! This is my first story so please bare with me, as I don't think I'm the best at writing. (;^_^) I really love Fairy Tail, and NaLu of course which I'm writing about. I hope you enjoy, please leave suggestions and fixes for me! (:

-

It's a nice day outside in Magnolia, where Lucy sits sprawled out on the couch in her apartment. "Ah.." She sighs. "I have nothing to do. That's too bad since it's so nice out.. Maybe I should go see the guild." She thinks. As she looks around, she spots the week's edition of Sorcerer's Magazine. Her eyes brighten up as she picks up the magazine from the brown coffee table. Her eyes scan the cover, feeling ecstatic over the fact she and Natsu are on the cover this time. "Erza.. Hibiki..." Her eyes stop at the last headline. "Fairy Tail's New Couple?!" It reads. "Wait- wait a minute!" Lucy stuttered. "Since when- why do I not know about this?!" She quickly flips through the magazine pages, making her way to page 14.

"OI!" A familiar voice yells, startling Lucy causing her to drop the magazine. "Ah! Natsu! Why don't you ever knock?!" She whined. Natsu didn't seem to care about Lucy's outburst, as he let himself in without answering her question. "What's that?" Natsu asks, pointing at the magazine. Lucy looks down at it, picking it up and then fixing her gaze on Natsu. "It's this week's edition of Sorcerer's Magazine," She grumbled. Natsu plopped himself down on her couch watching her get back on to the spot next to him. "I was just going to read something when you came in and made me drop it!" Natsu scratches his head for a moment. "Gee, sorry Lucy." He said. Lucy sighs and resumes to flipping through the pages. "Whatever. It's okay Natsu." She says.
Suddenly, she freezes and her hands clench the magazine, making it crumple at her fingers.

"Hm? What is it Luce?" He asks. Lucy starts trembling. "What?" He asks again, this time letting himself rest a hand on her shoulder. She slowly turns her head to face Natsu, obviously trying to keep her calm. "R-read it." She says, handing the magazine to Natsu. "Okay." Natsu takes the magazine from Lucy's shaking hands. She sits with her hands on her knees looking at the floor with terror in her eyes.

Natsu didn't see what all the fuss was about. He focused his eyes on the page. "Fairy Tail's Hottest Couple! Natsu and Lucy are finally official, claims Fairy Tail's Mirajane..." Natsu proceeds to skim over the article. "Admitted their feelings... Took them long enough... Love eachother to bits..." He mumbles. He looks over back at Lucy who is now madly blushing many shades of red. "O-oi... Done reading yet?" Lucy asks him, not making eye contact.

A/N - so there's part 1! I don't know how long I'm going to be making this, after all it could still escalate into something more! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the first part, remember to tell me what you think and any mistakes I made.