Fake it 'Till You Make it

"I say we all celebrate the two!" Makarov yelled, standing on the bar. Everyone yelled and cheered in agreement. 'Oh no...' Thought Lucy.

-

Lucy groaned and brought a hand to her face. "Eh? What's wrong Lucy-San?" Wendy asked her. "Oh, it's nothing," Lucy said, waving her hand in dismissal. She stalked off to where Natsu was, who was about to punch Gray with a firey fist. "Natsu! Let go of Gray you idiot!" She yelled. Natsu suddenly turned his head to Lucy, and a foolish grin spread across his face.

"Oh! Lucy!" He waved, and trotted over to her laughing. Lucy sighed. "Just what are you doing, Natsu?" She asked him, shaking her head and looking at the floor. "What do you mean?" Natsu scratched his head.

"Oi! Bunny Girl! Why'd you call Natsu? I was about to join in and show him how weak he really is!" Gajeel roared. "Gajeel!" A flustered Levy stood behind him, hands in fists. Lucy couldn't help but giggle at the two. "Oh really?! Show me then!" Natsu said, his attention resuming on pounding a few people in the heads. "Natsu! I have something important to tell you!" Lucy yelled at him, grabbing his arm. She tried pulling him back, but his fist was already in flames and he didn't bother to stop heading over to the iron dragon slayer.

"Hey! Flame Brain, let it go already. Can't you see Lucy wants your attention?" Gray snickered. A few other chuckles were earned from the men around Gray. Natsu stopped, the fire immediately burning out. His eyes widened, and turned to Lucy whose eyes were tightly shut. It looked like she was hanging on to him for dear life. "Lucy! What is it?" He asked her with a laugh. Lucy opened her eyes to see that the commotion calmed down. She stared at the other men seeing that they were all whispering and laughing about the awkward pair.

"N-Natsu, I need to talk to you about something." She stuttered. A tint of pink dusted his cheeks and he looked up for a moment. "Okay..." He said. He wondered what Lucy needed him for. Lucy was also a bit flustered. "Planning wedding arrangements already?" Gajeel joked. Lucy scowled and pulled Natsu who seemed oblivious to her mood.

They ended up sitting in a back room somewhere in the guild. It had a dark brown wooden floor and wall. Bookshelves and boxes filled the room, as well as one lighter brown wooden chair sitting off in one corner. "Luce? What are we doing here?" Natsu asked, taking a good look at his surroundings. "Natsu. Haven't you noticed that everyone still believes we're a couple?" Lucy asked him seriously. Her brown eyes were boring into his onyx ones. She didn't notice that Natsu's face had somehow moved closer to her's.

She stayed silent until she noticed Natsu had not said a word and just stared at her intensely. "Natsu! What the heck are you doing?" She exclaimed. She pulled her face away from his, and looked off to the side, a blush forming on her face. "Listen, Mira said she won't tell Sorcerer's Magazine we're not real anymore." She said. "But we are real! We're sitting in this room right now!" He said. Lucy turned back to him. "Idiot! I meant us being a couple!" She said, an annoyed tone in her voice. "Anyway," she continued,"We basically have to fake being a couple for the rest of the day. Then, we'll say something happened and we'll break up, okay?" Lucy had a pout on her face, and she was still blushing.

"But why?" Natsu asked her, seeming puzzled. "But why?! Because I don't wanna be your girlfriend!" Lucy's outburst shocked Natsu, and Lucy could see in his eyes he was hurt. She opened her mouth to say something, but he spoke interrupting her. Suddenly his face returned to his clueless self. "I mean, what reason will we tell them?" He asked. Lucy's eyes widened.

"Well- I mean we could say we got into a fight or something." She stammered. "But we barely fight. Besides, I would never fight with you." Natsu said calmly. This made Lucy's blush more intense. "U-uh, right. Then... Let's say that you were too much of an idiot to be a good boyfriend!" Lucy grinned. "H-hey! I'm not that stupid!" Natsu protested. "Fine fine. How about.. We'll just say we realized we couldn't handle a relationship?" She asked him. "Okay..." Natsu replied. "Good." Lucy said, folding her arms. 'A relationship with Lucy..." Natsu thought in his mind. He envisioned him and Lucy hugging, holding hands, him beating up Gray to prove he'd get a girlfriend first... "What are you blushing for, you moron!" Lucy yelled at him. Natsu was snapped out of his thoughts as he stared at Lucy.