1

The market place by the back gate in Liyue was so loud and full of people at this time of the day. The old walls seemed to be resting in relief of the rainy evening, glimmering with lights reflecting in the puddles and wet rooftops.

   Felicja slammed the door shut behind her and leaned her back against it, resting for a moment before throwing her weapons onto the floor, along with soaked clothes.
   She'll clean it up later.
   She threw an arrow with two fishes into the sink. It would be enough for two days worth of meals small enough to take on expeditions, but with the stormy, hot weather everything went bad faster... She sighed and went to the bathroom to wash off mud and hilichurl blood.

   The next morning was surprisingly chilly, the air crisp after the rainy night. Felicja was making her way down the Liyue's main street after receiving this day's commissions when she heard someone pleading in sheer panic. She looked inside one of the alleys between the buildings to see the owner of her favourite teashop on his knees, shaking in front of another man. Although... He didn't seem to be an adult yet, he was too short. And his clothes, dear archons, what a waste of such high quality materials.
   "Excuse me, would you mind leaving this man alone?" She stepped into the alley, one hand on the sword at her hip.
   The guy turned to look at her, his enormous hat jingling as he moved.
   "And who are you to expect me to listen to you?" He looked her up and down and let out a disgusted "tch".
   Another adventurer playing superhero.
   "No one important." She shrugged but kept her chin high. "If I were you, I wouldn't spend my free time harassing elderly in back alleys. I don't care to know what happened between you two but there are better ways to deal with people."

   He raised his eyebrow, an amused smirk twisting his lips.
   "Oh? Says who? An adventurer? Could you remind me how you deal with treasure hoarders and the fatui?"

   "Keep this attitude if you wanna find out." The blonde gave him a grin, tilting her head to the side. The other started laughing.
   "'Keep this attitude'? You're kidding, right? You really have no idea who you're talking to, do you."
   "Let me guess, another kid from a wealthy family?"
   His smirk dropped instantly. "You stupid bitch. You'll be lucky if you won't go missing in near future."

   At this point he seemed to forget about the teashop owner who took advantage of the situation and left through the other end of the alley.

   Felicja watched the man get closer, a careless smile still on her face.
The guy raised his hand as if he was going to give a signal to someone at one of the rooftops.
   "No one taught you how to talk to the fatui?"
   "Since when does Tsaritsa recruit spoiled brats?" She laughed at his furious expression.
   "You little-"
   "Ah there you are!"

   Both of them flinched at the sound of a third voice, turning towards it's source. Another man stood behind Felicja, both hands on his hips. She quickly scanned his body.
   Didn't seem like he had any hidden weapons on him, but she did notice the hydro vision at his belt.
   "I've been looking everywhere for you, Scar!" He paused to look down at Felicja, "And who is this pretty lady you're talking to?"
   Her heart skipped a beat at the nickname the redhead used to call the other man. If the shortie with the mushroom hat really was Scaramouche-
   Ooh she fucked up.
   "Her? I don't know her, this bitch just decided to make my job more difficult-" Scaramouche spat out, visibly irritated. Yeah she really fucked up. This didn't stop her from interrupting him though.
   "My name's Felicja, nice to meet you. And you're..?"
   "Aw now don't tell me that you don't know me, love!" He winked at her and laughed. "Tartaglia? Does this name ring a bell?"
   If Felicja had less control over herself and her emotions, she'd probably be trembling at this point. But she did have control, and wasn't even near being scared.
   "Ah yes, now I recognize you two..." She crossed her arms over her chest, "You harbringers have interesting ways of dealing with clients.. Good thing I never had anything to do with the northland bank."
   "What do you mean, girlie?" Tartaglia glanced at the other man.
   How much did she see?
   Scaramouche shrugged with a frown.
   Not much.
   But he still wanted to get rid of her. The less heroic adventurers the better.
   "Harassing elderly in back alleys isn't a good advertisement, you know." She shrugged. "Now please excuse me, I have work to do." She tried to go past Tartaglia, but he gently grabbed her by the arm.
   "Woah there, don't think we'll just let you go like that. What did you see?"
   "Just your friend standing above an old man pleading for his life. Nothing else. Let me go." Slight irritation lingered in her tone, her eyes narrowing when she felt his hand on her arm.
   She looked him in the face.

   Was that challenge he saw in her eyes? This girl had to be either still not aware of who they are or mad shit crazy.
   "What's with that tone, girlie? We just don't want our clients to be scared of us. So you better keep your pretty mouth shut, yes?"

   "What will I get in exchange?" She gave him an innocent smile. Hydro would be difficult to beat with her vision, but if she took him by surprise...

   "Your fucking life, woman. Childe, let her go. This mess is ruining my schedule." Scaramouche scoffed.
   The red head glanced at the other harbringer, but chose to ignore him.
   "You really want to negotiate with two harbringers in a dark alley?" He laughed with amusement. "Wow, you're a brave one, aren't you."

   Felicja huffed and pulled him closer by her arm. Their faces were now on almost the same level.
   "Look I don't give a single fuck about the Fatui and your little businesses. And won't tell anyone about what happened here, 'cause simply nothing happened. What, do you think I'm gonna walk around like 'ooh I saw a small harbringer in purple hat with a scared old man'? Do you really think people would care about this? No they wouldn't. So let. Me. Go."

   Childe's eyes opened wider for a moment. He quickly regained control over his expression though, the amused smirk back on his lips.
   "Maybe instead of brave I should've called you dumb."
   He let go of her arm and pushed her towards the main street, hand on her lower back.
   "Go, then. We'll see where this will bring you."

   She gave him one last bored look before casually walking away. Damned Fatui, acting like they fucking own Liyue Harbor...

          ╔────── ¤ ◎ ¤ ──────╗

   When she came back to Liyue, it was already dark outside.
   Felicja glided from the waypoint at a nearby hill onto one of the rooftops, swaying on her legs. Who the fuck thought that sending one adventurer against a ruin hunter was a good idea-
   She looked down at the food carts sprinkled across the market and swallowed. Turns out those two fishes from yesterday lasted just one day, and she still was starving at the end of it...
   She cursed under her breath. The adventurer's creed should be giving out some food to the adventurers.
   Especially with the dog money they paid.
   She quickly went home to shower and put on some nicer clothes, then returned to the market. One of the food carts caught her eye. It was filled with mondstadt food, she had forgotten how much she missed it...
   The blonde approached it without hesitation.

   "Good evening miss, you don't seem to be from here?"

   She looked up at the young salesman. Indeed, her features were nothing like of people around. She smiled kindly.
   "No, I came here from Mondstadt." She didn't look like someone from Mondstadt either, though... "How much for the hash browns?"
   "Two thousand mora."
   "One portion, please."
   "Of course."
   She looked inside her pouch and let the smile drop a little.
   "Oh... Seems like earlier I've spent a little bit more than intended. Sorry..." She smiled sheepishly, batting her lashes.
   "Ah don't worry about this, miss. It'll be one thousand for such a pretty lady." The salesman gave her a bright smile and started packing the food.
   Felicja laughed softly, her cheeks turning light pink.
   "Why thank you-"
   She took the package and smiled one more time.
   "Thank you so much sir, you didn't have to.. Really. I can go get more mora from home-"
   "No, it's fine. Have a nice evening, miss!"
   "Thank you, you too!"
   She walked away from the cart.
   Well that was easy... Wonder if he'd still be so kind if she walked up to his cart in muddy, burned clothes from the bounty.
   Something jingled in the crowd, making her head automatically turn towards the source of the sound. The two harbringers from earlier were sitting in one of the private rooms of that one restaurant she always wanted to visit, but never could afford. The windows were wide open, letting her see the table nearly bending under all the delicacies the two men were eating. It must've been nice, being able to afford such feast whenever they pleased...
   She noticed the redhead was looking at her and quickly turned away, suddenly feeling like just another poor adventurer struggling to tie the ends together.