c h a p t e r t h r e e

edited (at literally 3am)

c h a p t e r    t h r e e

death ship go boom 

okay so when i write a random sentence in italics it's going to be salem's thoughts so just uhm remember that whenever it shows up

the following morning salem and clarisse started the quest. when salem had asked who the third member of the quest was, clarisse had gone silent. salem had a feeling nobody else had volunteered for the quest; she didn't blame them.

clarisse's father, ares, had gifted the quest children an old war vessel, the css birmingham. when salem had boarded the ship she was greeted by, what she described as, "a shit load of confetti loving skeletons". now did they know what confetti was? salem had no clue, but confederate and confetti were close enough for her to come up with the nickname. at this point her and tony stark needed to meet up because she had a nickname for just about everyone, even the gods. she didn't know if they knew she had nicknames for them and if they did, if they found them amusing or annoying but she had nicknames for them nevertheless.

they had been sailing for a very boring span of time when salem heard the yells of others nearby, a sound she had not heard at all since they had left camp. she snatched a pair of binoculars off a very offended sailor and looked to a nearby patch of land. on the edge of the water, she spotted no other than percy jackson and princess blondie herself, fighting a hydra, with the help of percy's cyclops brother tyson.

she alerted clarisse, who was happy to use her cannons to kill the monster, but was not happy about the fact that they were about to rescue the not-so golden trio.

"there! prepare the thirty-two-pounder!" clarisse bellowed as she pointed to the hydra.

"they're too close!" yelled one of the confederate soldiers. 

before clarisse could send out another order, salem spoke up. "either you fire the cannon, or they die from the hydra! i'm not too sure barnacle beard up there would be too pleased with you letting his two favorite kids die!"

a thunder clap was heard from above and salem just flipped off the sky. poseidon could say all he wanted, but he certainly had a soft spot for percy and tyson. especially percy considering that was his only demigod son.

"you heard the girl!" yelled clarisse, "damn the heroes! fire at will!"

annabeth had just enough time to yell "hit the dirt!" before the shot was fired, hitting the hydra and exploding it into green guts. the trio on the ground coughed as they stood up and wiped the gunk off themselves.