c h a p t e r f o u r

edited

c h a p t e r   f o u r

hermes vitamins make brain go brr

tw : vomit, emetophobia, mild panic attack, stimming, body issues

percy felt himself drifting out of consciousness as he and salem sank to the bottom, but he knew he had to stay awake. salem couldn't survive underwater like him and he would do anything he could to make sure she was safe.

he had to think she survived the fall, he didn't know how he would live if she didn't. he did his best to urge the water to help her, but he didn't know how much it actually helped. 

he willed them to the surface, not too fast as he didn't want to damage salem's lungs. he popped them up on the surface, holding one hand around salem's waist and another behind her head to keep it above water. he skimmed his eyes over the wreckage filled water and eventually saw a small orange lifeboat occupied by a head of honey-blond curls.

he started willing himself towards the boat, calling out to annabeth with a croaking voice. he could feel his body tiring, but he kept willing himself towards the lifeboat.

he finally reached the lifeboat and annabeth reached out to help him in. he shook his head lightly first and did his best to haul salem onto the boat before he got in. annabeth paused and blinked at him before pulling salem in. 

percy watched through drooping eyelids as annabeth laid salem down on the boat. his last though being "salem..safe" before he let the darkness consume him.

✬✬✬

salem awoke to the sound of annabeth's voice. as soon as she sat up, shooting pains shot through her whole body, causing her to wince and fall back down. 

as soon as she fell back though, her head shot over the side of the raft. she started coughing, hacking, and vomiting out sea water along with splashes of blood. her throat burned as more and more came out and her eyes watered with tears that slowly trailed down her face.

salem hated the feeling of vomit; she was terrified of throwing up. the revolting substance that forced its way up her throat and hurled itself out of her mouth in a way that made her lose her sense of emotion. she hated the lack of control it gave her, whenever it started she couldn't stop it and she hated it. she hated not being in control of what happened to her body.

the other two demigods, noticing her state, looked over in concern. annabeth, who began watching with wide eyes and percy, whom had woken up before her, who scrambled over behind her and grabbed her hair whilst rubbing her back.