c h a p t e r s i x

edited

c h a p t e r s i x

c h a p t e r s i x

 at least she went out looking like she was doing the wap

the group quickly arrived near the island and looked around, spotting the golden fleece glittering in a tree.

"so what? we just go up there and take it?" percy questioned.

annabeth stayed silent for a moment before speaking up, "...there's supposed to be a guardian of some sort... a dragon or..."

as she finished her sentence a deer hopped out from one of the many bushes and began galloping across the grass. in an instant, a flock of sheep surrounded the deer and in the time it took salem to blink, the deer was gone, only a few tufts of fur left.

"holy shit..." salem murmured, "they're like piranhas with wool..."

"guys!" annabeth hissed, grabbing both of their arms. "look!" she let go of them and pointed across the island where another lifeboat, easily recognizable from the css birmingham, laid.

they decided they needed to form a plan; some way to get past the man-eating sheep. annabeth had suggested she take her invisibility hat to sneak past them, but both percy and salem agreed it was too dangerous; something would go wrong and they wouldn't be there to help.

after a few minutes of all flawed ideas, salem pointed to where there was a climbable rock wall, so they rowed out a lifeboat.

percy looked at the wall for a moment before speaking up. "alright annabeth you go first, then salem, and then i-"

"no- no back the fuck up, percy. i am still, for some reason, in this dress so if you think i'm gonna have either of you climbing under me, you're officially insane."

"salem, i've decided a long time ago that he was insane." muttered annabeth, so quietly that it was likely percy didn't even hear it.

percy just flushed in embarrassment and nodded for annabeth to start climbing. "i suppose you don't have a problem climbing above me." he sassed, looking up at annabeth.

"nope." she smiled, popping the p. "besides, i'm a much better climber than you."

without missing a beat, salem agreed. "yeah true, she is." 

"hey- what?" he scoffed before rolling his eyes. "just start climbing, we have people to save."

they all came close to dying, many times. at one point annabeth's foot had slipped and landed straight onto percy's face, which salem found hilarious.   another point salem's hand slipped causing her to cry out in fear as she dangled with nobody below her.   nearly mirroring annabeth's slip from earlier, percy's left foot lost it's hold. luckily, salem had reacted fast enough that she managed to move her head out of the way before she got kicked.