Chapter 1: The Second Prince's Playmate

1552 AD

"Father, why are we dressing up today?" The young Asgardian girl asked while her mother picked out the final accessories for their daughter.

Her father turned around and smiled at his daughter, before lowering himself so his height matched that of his daughter's. He placed his hands on her shoulders, and the young girl's breath hitched in anticipation.

"A huge ceremony will be held today, in the palace. Those of high status have been permitted to bring their families to the ceremony. We will be able to share a room with his majesty, the king, during the feast." The young girl nodded her head lightly at her father's words, listening attentively.

Her father's smile widened into a grin, and his hands went up to cup the young girl's face. "How can I miss out on this opportunity to show others how great my daughter is?" The girl's serious expression softened into a small, shy smile. "Besides, you're already 500 years old, it's about time."

"I won't disappoint you, father." The young girl promised, straightening her posture.

He gave her a light nod and stood up, while her mother walked up behind the girl and pulled her towards the dressing table. Her mother sat her down in front of the mirror and decorated her with small pieces of jewelry. Y/n looked up at her reflection nervously, her hands gripping her dress tightly.

Her mother noticed and placed her hands on the girl's shoulder in a comforting manner. "Relax, my dear. I know how you feel. Come on now. Breathe in, breathe out." Her mother instructed softly. The girl breathed in, then breathed out, her tensed body relaxing as a result. "Good, be natural."

"Are we ready to leave?" Her father shouted from outside the room.

"Yes my dear!" Her mother answered, reaching her hand out towards her daughter. The girl stood up and held her mother's hand as they head for the door. They met her father at the front door, and the girl held hands with her parents as they exit their house.

The Main Street was livelier than usual, as most people were headed for the palace. The common folks were situated near the front door of the palace, while those of high statuses entering the palace. People gathered near the entrance of the room and waited to be let in.

When the gigantic doors swung open slowly, the families were let in one after the other after their names had been called.

"The house of L/n!" The guards announced.

Y/n stepped into the room with her parents. Her father stood in the middle, while Y/n and her mother stood on either side of him. Her father bowed while Y/n and her mother curtsied. When they stood back up, Y/n glanced up at the royal family. King Odin sat on his throne, with Queen Frigga standing on his right and the two princes standing on his left. After greeting the royal family, they were led to a long table to be seated with the others.

Y/n sat quietly, making sure to not catch people's attention. She was still very young compared to all the others in the room, so she decided that it's best to stay quiet. She listened attentively to her father, who was conversing with the other renowned warriors.

Across the room, the second prince of Asgard, Loki, looked quietly at the girl. He had an unreadable expression. Was it curiosity? Interest? Even the prince himself didn't know. However, his older brother noticed and leaned closer to his younger brother.

"What are you looking at?" The first prince asked, looking in the same direction as Loki, but Loki dismissed his brother's question, looking away.

"Nothing," Loki replied quietly, turning his head to face the front.

——————————————————————————

After everyone was seated, the feast officially started. The royal family moved down to sit at their own table. The servants started bringing out the dishes, laying them on each table.

"Let the feast... begin!" Odin declared.

The sound of utensils clinking against the plates could be heard echoing throughout the room. Y/n's father took Y/n's plate and started filling it with food.

"Thank you, father," Y/n said with a gentle smile.

Loki looked at the girl across the room, the unreadable expression still on his face. He looked attentively as the girl cut her food up and sending it to her mouth. The way she chews carefully and smiling gently whenever she eats something she likes. The first time around, only his brother noticed. But this time around, both Odin and Frigga noticed.

"Loki." King Odin called out to him, making him jump. Loki turned around abruptly to face the king.

"Yes father?" Loki looked up at his father nervously, afraid that he might've done something wrong.

"Is the food not to your liking?" Odin asked, and Loki shook his head no, looking down at his plate.

"No father, the dishes were delicious." He replied, although he never touched his plate.

Odin let out a hum, looking at the young girl. "Isn't that L/n's daughter?" He said to himself, turning to look at Loki, who looked away nervously. "Loki, Thor already has a playmate, do you wish for one as well?"

Loki panicked, which was a rare sight. "Father, it's all right! I don't—" Although he was saying no, Odin knew he was lying. Odin beckoned a guard to him and gave him an order in a whisper.

Loki watched anxiously as the guard walked towards the table Y/n was situated at. The guard whispered to her father, and when Y/n overheard the message, she turned and looked directly at the royal's table. Loki glanced away, shielding his face with his hand.

"Come on." Y/n's father beckoned for her to stand up. She obeyed and walked along with his father towards the royal's table. The once noisy room quieted down, and the only noises in the room were the echoes of their footsteps.

When they reached the table, her father bowed while she curtsied.

"Greetings, Your Majesties, Your Royal Highnesses." The two greeted the royal family.

Odin waved his hand, and the two straightened themselves up. Y/n kept her hands to her sides and held eye contact with the king, which can only show how confident she truly is with herself. The king smiled.

"L/n," Odin called out to her father, and he faced the king with a serious expression, "introduce your daughter to us."

The warrior looked slightly taken back by the order, but nodded his head, gesturing his hand towards his daughter. "This is my one and only daughter, Y/n."

King Odin's smile grew wider. "Y/n," The king called out, and the girl listened attentively, "how old are you?"

"Five hundred and two, Your Majesty." She replied.

"She's close to your age, brother," Thor whispered to Loki with a smile, but Loki didn't respond.

"What are your hobbies?" Odin asked.

You could see the confusion in her eyes, but she breathed out and replied, "I enjoy reading and practicing gymnastics in my free time, Your Majesty."

"Gymnastics?" Odin questioned, and Y/n nodded her head.

"Yes, Your Majesty. To build up strength and body coordination." The young girl explained.

Odin hummed in approval and looked over at Loki, who was listening closely to Y/n's words.

"I would like to offer you a... position, in the palace," Odin said with a smile, and the once quiet room started bustling again, whispering with one another. The girl's eyes glowed with interest. "Would you like to be my son Loki's... playmate?"

Y/n inhaled and looked over at the second prince, who gulped nervously and stared back at her. She blinked twice before looking back at King Odin. "It would be an honor, Your Majesty."

The king leaned his head back and laughed heartily, before looking back at the girl before him. "It's decided then, Y/n, L/n-dottir, you are now the second prince's playmate."

"I won't disappoint you, Your Majesty," Y/n replied with confidence.