Chapter 11: Influence

After Steve left the room, Y/n moved her entire body to lay on the bed and related her head down on the pillow. She turned her head to face the black cat, which was sitting next to her head.

"Madam Neale, please take care of this body and Heath for a bit," Y/n whispered to the cat, scratching under the cat's chin, "I'm gonna go on a... spiritual trip for a bit."

"Will do, my child." A mature voice said in Y/n's head. The cat purred in comfort, rubbing her head towards Y/n's hand.

Y/n chuckled and lowered her hand. She closed her eyes and let her body relax, before feeling a sense of lightness on her body. When she opened her eyes again, her spirit had exited her body, and Y/n grinned at her success. "Now, let's follow Steve and see what's going on," Y/n said to herself as her spirit phase through the walls.

She traveled through the helicarrier, with no one able to see her spirit roaming the halls with ease. She ended up near the lab's door, and watched the events unfold from the outside of the lab.

Y/n watched as Steve slam the weird device down on the table, causing her to widen her eyes and flinch slightly.

"Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons," Steve exclaimed, before turning to Tony, "sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me."

Y/n's eyes got even wider. She was slightly impressed by Steve's tone. "Wow! He looks pissed. I didn't know Steve had a side like this." She then turned her head to look at the device, which based on Steve's words, is a weapon, a gun of some sort. "So... weapons, huh? Interesting." Y/n thought, crossing her arms.

Fury turned to Steve and tried to explain his side of the story. "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're—" "I'm sorry, Nick," Tony cut Fury off as he turned his screen over, revealing a plan for creating the weapons, "What were you lying?"

Y/n glanced over at the screen then at Fury, curious as to what he will say now.

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve said harshly, his eyes dead set on Fury.

Thor and Natasha walked in from the other door while Steve was talking, trying to grasp the situation as well. Y/n's eyes drifted to Natasha. "Did she do it?" She questioned herself, but decided to stay and watch.

Bruce looked over at Natasha, looking pissed as well. "Did you know about this?" He questioned her.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha shot back, avoiding the question.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." Bruce chuckled.

Natasha slowly stepped towards Bruce, "Loki's manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?" Bruce shot back.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Bruce said, pointing his folded glasses towards the weapon displayed on the screen.

Y/n quietly watched as the tension within the lab rises slowly and steadily. She wanted to know everything before she makes a move.

"Because of him." Fury pointed his finger at Thor, his eyes still set on Bruce.

Thor was stunned by Fury's answer, with the problem now thrown on him out of nowhere. "Me?"

"And your playmate too," Fury added on, causing Y/n to furrow her brows. "Rude."