Chapter 8: Transparent

Y/n followed Fury and Coulson to the detention room where Loki was kept. Y/n was nervously holding onto her arms, and Coulson noticed.

"Nervous?" Coulson asked, patting her lightly on the shoulder.

Y/n looked over at him, her eyes showing visible confusion as to why Coulson was suddenly nice to her. She sighed and looked away. "This is a bad idea," Y/n confessed, letting out a few chuckles, "having me involved with the Asgardian princes again will always be a bad idea."

"However," Fury started, looking over his shoulder at Y/n, "we are desperate enough to do just that, whether it's a bad idea or not."

Y/n looked away as she crossed her arms. "SHIELD has several talented agents, why don't you ask them to do it?" She argued back.

"Based on what Thor told us, Loki has a soft spot for you. And if that is true, then you'll the best shot we've got." Fury explained to her. Although Y/n didn't agree with that statement, she ended up shutting her mouth and followed Fury quietly.

Y/n decided to recompose herself since she didn't want to appear distressed and tired when talking to Loki. She cast a calming spell on herself and put on her usual playful smile. Coulson, who watched her do all of that, was impressed by how quickly she can put on a facade.

The group finally reached the entrance of the detention room. While Fury was getting ready to open the door, Y/n made sure she hid the necklace well, letting her hair down to cover the chain.

Fury opened the door and stepped in, his body perfectly hiding Y/n behind him. Coulson stood outside of the entrance as support, in case anything happens.

Loki, who was sitting on the bench, turned his head to the side and looked at Fury with a grin. "I don't recall asking for a magazine," Loki said sarcastically.

Fury merely smiled at his snarky comment. "I know, but I thought you might enjoy the company of a friend."

Loki's grin grew wider. "A friend? How thoughtful."

"Yup, and I think you'll like her a lot too." Fury replied, standing out of the way, revealing Y/n.

Loki's grin fell, his lips slightly parted as he watched Y/n approach the cell. She stood there with a playful smile and her hands in her pockets. She tilted her head to the side as her smile turned into a smirk. "Hey there Princey." Y/n greeted him playfully.

Loki did not react to her words, instead, he was still stunned by the fact that Y/n was right there, in the flesh, talking to him. Loki didn't even react when she had entered the cell with him, with the cell door closing behind her.

"Have fun." Fury said to them before he exited the detention room.

Y/n took small steps towards him, her eyes looking up and down at him before her smirk grew even wider. In her mind, she's completely blown away by how gorgeous Loki was. Not that she'll actually tell Loki what she's thinking.

"Why are you surprised by my presence, Your Highness? It's not like you've never seen me like this before." Y/n asked, tilting her head to the side.

That comment snapped Loki out of it, and he raised an eyebrow at her question, a small smirk climbing back up his face. "I do not understand what you mean," Loki replied in his usual sarcastic tone.

"Princey, you've been visiting me at night for quite a while now," Y/n explained with a shrug. "I must say, you are still very good at sneaking around. It took me quite some time to realize that you were the one showing up in my room when I'm asleep."

Loki showed no reaction to her words, but on the inside, he was panicking, as if someone had found out his dirty little secret. Well, it kind of is.