Chapter 2: Daily Routines

Y/n became Loki's closest friend after just a few days of being his playmate. Loki would call Y/n in day after day, to the point where Y/n was basically living in the palace.

On more calming days, Loki would call Y/n into the palace to read books with her in the royal library. It was always a moment both Y/n and Loki enjoyed. Some days they would sit in separate seats, reading their own books. Some days, Loki would timidly ask Y/n to sit with him in the same chair to read with him.

The first time Loki made such a request, it made both kids quite flustered. It started with both kids sitting in their own separate seats, reading their own books. Loki was having problems concentrating on his own book, for his eyes would continuously leave the book to look at the young Asgardian girl. The girl was completely indulged in her own book, smiling to herself when she finds something interesting and frowning when something doesn't make sense or isn't to her liking. The sound of the pages being flipped echoed throughout the royal library, and Loki was slowly getting annoyed by how the girl was more interested in the book than spending time with him.

"Y/n." He called out to her, with a small hint of annoyance.

The girl looked up and smiled at him. "Yes, my prince?" She asked, placing the book down on her lap.

"Sit next to me." The request came out of his mouth before he realized what he had just asked her to do.

Y/n was clearly more rational, for she was taken back by the prince's request. The young prince was sitting on a sofa that was designed for one person.

"My prince, I don't think it's appropriate for me to do such a thing, you see—" "It's an order." He snapped back.

The young girl swallowed her words and nodded her head lightly, standing up and walking towards the prince. Loki moved aside to create a space for the young girl. Y/n hesitantly sat down next to the prince. It was a tight fit, of course, since the seat was designed for one, but having two kids sitting in it wasn't that difficult. The young girl knew that if she holds her book, her position would make it uncomfortable for the prince, so she decided to read his book instead.

"My prince, you're reading quite a difficult book," Y/n said softly, and the prince let out a small smile.

"Would you like me to explain it to you?" Loki asked, turning to her. His heart jumped after he noticed how close the young girl's face was to his.

The girl tilted her head to the side and smiled confusingly. "My prince?"

"I-I didn't notice how close we were..." The young prince confessed, looking away. The young girl finally realized what he meant and grew flustered.

"How impolite of me, my prince! Please forgive me!" She panicked, rushing to stand up.

"No. Sit." The young prince panicked as well, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her back down into the seat. "...Please."

It was quite an embarrassing day, but after that incident, the two grew closer and never felt flustered again when they sit in the same seat. Well, Y/n never did again, but the same can't be said with Loki.

——————————————————————————

Queen Frigga had been teaching the young prince how to use magic, for the young prince was never quite interested in fighting like his brother. Loki said that Thor fought like a barbarian.

In truth, Loki couldn't compete with his older brother when it comes to strength, and since Queen Frigga didn't want Loki to feel like he's inferior, she decided to teach him magic.